Check out the neighborhood you want to be in. Walk the streets. Talk to other business owners and city councilmembers. Oh, and don’t forget to listen. Involving neighbors is an important step in building awareness of your business and developing your customer base.
- Talk to the neighborhood District Council
- Talk to the city councilmember who represents the location of your business
- Talk to neighbors and fellow business owners
Things to know
- Nearby business owners or residents can be helpful sources of information about what goes on in the neighborhood on a day-to-day basis.
- Connecting with the District Council is a good way to get to know the neighborhood.