There is no weather-related collection delay in effect.
Winter Cart Placement
- Shovel a safe and accessible pathway to your carts from your street or alley.
- Leave two feet of space between all carts and other objects, such as trees, fences, garages, or snow piles.
- All materials must fit inside your cart with the lid closed.
- Place your carts at the edge of the alley or curb with the opening facing outwards by 6:00 AM on your collection day.
- Do not place your carts on top of or behind a snowbank, or in water, where it could freeze to the ground.
- Do not put your cart in the street. This can interfere with plowing.
- If you have an alley, make sure house numbers are posted on your garage.
Winter Collection Delays
During the winter months, bad weather, such as icy or heavy snow conditions, may occasionally present problems for your regularly scheduled garbage and recycling collection. Problems may occur in isolated areas, such as a single street or alley. At other times, major weather events may cause widespread collection problems or delays. The City does not plow alleys. Please work with your neighbors to keep your alley accessible.
What to do if you experience a winter collection delay:
1. If there are widespread winter garbage or recycling collection delays, the City will post information at the top of this webpage.
- If your garbage is not collected, call your designated hauler directly. To find your garbage hauler's local contact information visit stpaul.gov/garbagemap and enter the property address.
- If your recycling is not collected, call Eureka Recycling at 651-222-7678, visit EurekaRecycling.org, or use their free app. Click here to view service alerts using Eureka Recycling's new app.
2. If the garbage or recycling truck is not able to access your cart(s) on an alley or street due to icy or heavy snow conditions, they may return within 24 hours to make a second attempt to collect. Please leave your cart(s) out and accessible at your collection location.
3. If the alley or street can still not be accessed, your hauler will be back next week on your next scheduled collection day.
4. If the alley or street continues to experience collection issues during the winter, we will work with you and your neighbors to get your collection back on track.