Snow Emergency Parking Rules
Night Parking During a Snow Emergency (Night Plow Routes)
Remember: See the sign, move it by 9 p.m.!
- Beginning at 9 p.m. the day a Snow Emergency has been declared, parking is not allowed on streets marked with signs that say "NIGHT PLOW ROUTE" or "NIGHT PLOW ROUTE THIS SIDE OF STREET."
- All of downtown Saint Paul is no parking at night during a Snow Emergency even though it is not signed.
- Parking is allowed on Day Plow Routes (streets/sides of streets that DO NOT have Night Plow Route signs).
- Night Plow Routes are plowed from 9 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Day Parking During a Snow Emergency (Day Plow Routes)
Remember: The following day, the sign is the way!
- Starting at 8 a.m. after a Snow Emergency has been declared, parking is allowed on Night Plow Routes.
- Day Plow Routes do NOT have signs.
- Parking is not allowed on Day Plow Routes (streets or sides of streets with NO Night Plow Route signs) until the street is plowed.
- Day Plow Routes are plowed from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
After Night and Day Plow Routes are completed (Clean Up Phase)
Up to 96 hours after a Snow Emergency has gone into effect, crews are doing clean up efforts which may include, salting, anti-icing, and "push backs" (plowing snow where parked cars have since moved). To avoid a ticket and tow, do not park in areas that have not been plowed to the curb.
Visit the Snow Plowing page to see if a Snow Emergency has been declared.