Snow Emergency Update
There is currently no Snow Emergency in effect.
When a Snow Emergency is declared, residents are asked to follow specific parking guidelines to allow for efficient snow removal operations. Vehicles in violation of parking restrictions will be ticketed and towed.
Plowing Update – 1/26
City crews will continue plowing residential streets on Sunday, January 26. Please support these extra plowing efforts by not parking cars on streets that have not been plowed since Friday.
Plowing Update – 1/24 & 1/25
Due to the warmer temperatures and the additional snow that has fallen the past few days, Saint Paul Public Works will be plowing residential streets on Friday, January 24 and Saturday, January 25. Please support these extra residential plowing efforts by not parking cars on the streets until it has been plowed. Please use your garages, driveways and parking lots or ramps whenever possible. Crews will plow the full width of the street where there are not parked cars.
No Snow Emergency has been declared. If you need to report vehicles that have never moved since the 1/18 Snow Emergency, please call the Saint Paul Police Department’s non-emergency number at 651-291-1111.
SHOVEL YOUR SIDEWALK, DO NOT PUT CARTS ON THE STREET, & CLEAR HYDRANTS & STORM DRAINS
Shovel your sidewalk. Saint Paul City Ordinance requires snow and ice to be removed from sidewalks within 24 hours. Corner property owners are asked to shovel curbs, walkways and crosswalks to the street. Do not push snow out into the streets.
Please do not place recycling and garbage carts in the street. Carts should be kept in the boulevard or at the end of the driveway.
If you are able, please shovel hydrants out and clear snow and ice off storm drains to prevent street flooding.
- Si aad u heshid macluumaad, fadlan booqo bogagga luqadaha badan ee laga helo bogga internetka degdegga barafka www.stpaul.gov/snowlanguages.
- Xav paub ntxiv ua Lus Hmoob, thov mus xyuas cov vas sab ua ntau hom lus sau txog kev kaus te kub ceev www.stpaul.gov/snowlanguages.
- Para obtener información en español, visite las páginas web multilingües en el sitio web de emergencias causadas por la nieve en www.stpaul.gov/snowlanguages.
WATCH VIDEO: Saint Paul and Minneapolis Mayors Remind Residents (on both sides of the river) to Prepare for Winter Parking.
STAY INFORMED OF SNOW EMERGENCIES
- Call 651-266-PLOW for a recorded message about Snow Emergency status
- Check the Snow Emergency status and more at stpaul.gov/snow
- Download the City's free "Winter Snow Parking" app from the Apple and Google Play stores.
- Subscribe to "SnowAlert" and receive an email and/or text message (in English, Spanish, Hmong or Somali) when a Snow Emergency is declared.
- Text STPAUL SNOW to 468311 to receive a text message when a Snow Emergency is declared.
- text STPAUL SNOW [your email address here] to 468311 to receive an email when a Snow Emergency is declared.
- Check the Snow Emergency parking map
- Hmoob / Hmong
- Koj ntau ntawv tau nrog lub xov tooj cov lus STPAUL SNOW1 rau tus xov tooj 468311 koj thiaj txais tau tsab xov hais qhia koj txog xov xwm kaus snow los yog snow emergency.
- Soomaali / Somali
- U soo qor STPAUL SNOW2 468311 haddii add rabtid in aad telefonka ku heshid Somali ogaysiska waqtiga Gurmadka baraf Xaaqa. U soo qor STPAUL SNOW2 468311 haddii add rabtid in aad E-mailka ku heshid Somali ogaysiska waqtiga Gurmadka baraf Xaaqa.
- Espanol / Spanish
- Envia el mensaje de texto STPAUL SNOW3 al 468311 para recibir un mensaje de texto cuando se declare una emergencia de nieve.
- Envia el mensaje de texto STPAUL SNOW3 [su correo electronico aqui] al 468311 para recibir un correo electronico cuando se declare una emergencia de nieve.
Follow us on:
SNOW EMERGENCY PARKING RULES
Snow Emergencies begin with NIGHT PLOW ROUTES at 9 p.m. the day of the declared Snow Emergency.
- Beginning at 9 p.m. the day a Snow Emergency has been declared, parking is not allowed on streets marked with signs that say "NIGHT PLOW ROUTE" or "NIGHT PLOW ROUTE THIS SIDE OF STREET."
- All of downtown Saint Paul is no parking at night during a Snow Emergency even though it is not signed.
- Parking is allowed on Day Plow Routes (streets/sides of streets that DO NOT have Night Plow Route signs).
- Typically, Night Plow Routes are plowed from 9 p.m. to 8 a.m.
Look for these signs:
Snow Emergencies continue with DAY PLOW ROUTES the morning following the declared Snow Emergency.
- Starting at 8 a.m. after a Snow Emergency has been declared, parking is allowed in areas on Night Plow Routes.
- Day Plow Routes do NOT have signs.
- Parking is not allowed on Day Plow Routes (streets or sides of streets with NO Night Plow Route signs) until the street is plowed.
- Typically Day Plow Routes are plowed from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
After Night and Day Plow Routes are completed (Clean Up Phase)
Up to 96 hours after a Snow Emergency has gone into effect, crews are doing clean up efforts which may include, salting, anti-icing, and "push backs" (plowing snow where parked cars have since moved). To avoid a ticket and tow, do not park in areas that have not been plowed to the curb.
Ticketing and Towing
After the first two phases (Night and Day Plow Routes) of the Snow Emergency are complete, the Clean Up Phase begins. During the Clean Up Phase, crews will be doing additional plowing, salting, de-icing and "push backs" as needed. Any vehicle parked in an area that has not been plowed to the curb is subject to ticketing and towing for 4 days (or 96 hours) after the Snow Emergency initially took effect at 9 p.m.
If your vehicle was towed during a snow emergency, visit the Ticketing, Towing and Storage Fees page to find impound lot location information. To report vehicles that are in violation of snow emergency parking restrictions, call 651-266-9800 (option 5).
Property Damaged from Snow Plows
If your property has been damaged by a snow plow, we apologize. Please call 651-266-9700 or email email@example.com to report the damaged property and crews will be out to address it.
- Sidewalk Snow Shoveling Information
- Snow-Related FAQs
- Snow Emergency Guidelines Video
- Snow Emergency Brochure [PDF]
- Multi-Lingual Snow Emergency Information