Plan Review coordinates the approval processes for building permit review and issuance. Examiners can not design projects. They provide the following services:
- Coordinate the overall approval of plans with appropriate code disciplines (Electrical, HVAC, Zoning, etc.)
- Review building plans for conformance with state and federal building codes and local ordinances governing construction
- Answer questions about a design relating to code
For more information, see Building information and handouts
Commercial New, Addition and Remodel Projects are now eligible for Electronic Plan Review!
St. Paul now offers electronic plan review for Commercial New, Addition and Remodel Projects.
If you choose to have your project reviewed this way, you will upload all plans to our Eplan software: ProjectDox, receive all reviewer comments online and be able to download stamped plans as soon as they are ready.
For more information on ProjectDox, visit our Electronic Plan Review Homepage
- Submit your completed 2020 Building Permit to DSI and check the "Electronic Plan Review" box to get started!
- Review the submittal checklists to make sure that all required documents and drawings are included in your submission.
- Commercial Building Plan Electronic Review Process
Contact Information for Plan Examiners
- Stephen Ubl, Building Official, 651-266-9021
- James Williamette, Plan Review Supervisor 651-266-9077
- Dori Dufresne, Plan Examiner II 651-266-9070
- John Skradski, Plan Examiner II 651-266-9075
- Steve Grandstrand, Plan Examiner II 651-266-9076
- Kari Hilleson, Plan Examiner II 651-266-9074
- Melissa Doody, Plan Examiner I 651-266-9071
- Sean Enright, Plan Examiner I 651-266-9073
- Susan Tellers, Plan Examiner I 651-266-9084
- Brian Karpen,Structural Engineer 651-266-9072