Electronic Plan Review
The City of Saint Paul is offering a new way to submit development plans online. Electronic Plan Review uses a software that presents customers with a convenient alternative to printing and delivering paper plans to City offices downtown.
As of March 18, 2020, Electronic Plan Review includes Commercial Building Permit Plan Review and Site Plan Review.
Our Electronic Plan Review process uses ProjectDox software, accessible through the Internet. Customers who have a plan review going through the new online process will be able to see where their plans are in the review process, ask questions, receive change orders, submit updates, and more. ProjectDox accepts more than 200 file types, from AutoCAD to PDFs, Word and more. Learn more about ProjectDox.
Paper applications must be submitted to the Department of Safety and Inspections:
Eliminate the need to physically print and carry plans to City reviewers.
Upload plans anytime from home, office or the field.
Know where your project is in the review process.
Check where your plans are and find out when reviews are complete.
Use the online portal to communicate with your review team.
Ask and answer questions; make changes.
Reduce printing and courier costs.
Checklist and plan markup downloads make it easy to make corrections and resubmit documents online.
Here are some training videos to get you started
More to come
- Initial roll out of Electronic Plan Review includes Commercial Building Permit Plan Review and Site Plan Review.
- Subsequent phases will include other permit types including Plumbing, Mechanical, Fire permits and more.
Electronic Plan Review is the latest in Saint Paul’s digital services lineup, which includes:
- Online Applications for Permits, "Building Contractor Express," and more;
- Online scheduling for Electrical Inspections; and
- Online bill payments for Fire Certificate of Occupancy, Site Plan Review, Elevator Inspections, and more.
Questions? Contact our Plan Review staff
- Building Plan Reviews, contact staff at DSI-BuildingPlanReview@ci.stpaul.mn.us or 651-266 - 9007
- Site Plan Reviews, contact staff at SitePlanReview@ci.stpaul.mn.us or 651-266-9008
Spend your time where it matters most: building your business relationships.
For questions or more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org