The City of Saint Paul offers a platform to submit development plans online. Electronic Plan Review uses a software that presents customers with a convenient alternative to printing and delivering paper plans to City offices downtown.
Electronic Plan Review includes Commercial Building Permit Plan Review, Site Plan Review and Fire Engineering.
Log into your Electronic Project Eplan Frequently Asked Questions Using ProjectDox Fire Systems Permits
Our Electronic Plan Review process uses ProjectDox software, accessible through the Internet. Customers who have a plan review going through the online process will be able to see where their plans are in the review process, ask questions, receive change orders, submit updates, and more. ProjectDox accepts more than 200 file types, from AutoCAD to PDFs, Word and more. Learn more about ProjectDox.
Building Plan Review and Site Plan Review paper applications must be submitted to the Department of Safety and Inspections:
- 375 Jackson St, Suite 220, St. Paul, MN 55101
- Building Plan Review DSI-BuildingPlanReview@ci.stpaul.mn.us
- Site Plan Review: SitePlanReview@ci.stpaul.mn.us
Fire Engineering contractors must submit permit applications for fire systems through Saint Paul Online Services/Apply for a Permit. Questions about these permits should be directed to DSI-EG@ci.stpaul.mn.us. Applications will be reviewed and processed through Electronic Plan Review.
Eliminate the need to physically print and carry plans to City reviewers.
Upload plans anytime from home, office or the field.
Know where your project is in the review process.
Check where your plans are and find out when reviews are complete.
Use the online portal to communicate with your review team.
Ask and answer questions; make changes.
Reduce printing and courier costs.
Checklist and plan markup downloads make it easy to make corrections and resubmit documents online.
More to come
- Subsequent phases will include other permit types including Plumbing, Warm Air, and more.
Saint Paul online services save you time
Electronic Plan Review is the latest in Saint Paul’s digital services lineup, which includes:
- Online Applications for Permits, "Building Contractor Express," and more;
- Online bill payments for Fire Certificate of Occupancy, Fire Systems Permits, Site Plan Review, Elevator Inspections, and more.
Questions? Contact our staff
- Building Plan Reviews, contact staff at DSI-BuildingPlanReview@ci.stpaul.mn.us or 651-266 - 9007
- Site Plan Reviews, contact staff at SitePlanReview@ci.stpaul.mn.us or 651-266-9008
- Fire Engineering, contact staff at DSI-EG@ci.stpaul.mn.us or 651-266-9140, 651-266-8952 or 651-266-8954
Spend your time where it matters most: building your business relationships.
Applicant Training PowerPoint
For questions or more information please contact email@example.com