This license is for nonprofit organizations soliciting for funds on public property (e.g. Poppy sales by VFW). It is valid for 60 consecutive days. If you have questions, contact DSI at 651-266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.
See Chapter 391 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about tag days.
You must submit the following at least two weeks prior to the Tag Day:
- Proof of nonprofit status
- A letter which includes the purpose and use of solicitation funds, names of people responsible for the distribution of collected funds, dates, hours, and location of solicitation
- A financial statement which includes the amounts of any wages, fees, commissions, costs or expenses paid or which are expected to be paid in connection with solicitation
- A list the names of persons to whom payments have been made or will be made and the amounts of such payments
- A copy of the budget showing solicitations for this fiscal or calendar year
- Required fee
This license requires inspection approvals from Licensing (Phone: 651-266-8989).
See Fee Table for current License fees.
A Tag Days License is valid only for the date(s) of the specific event.