Wine licenses for festivals. The city may issue a temporary on-sale and off sale wine license to a bonafide association of owners and operators of wineries sponsoring an annual festival to showcase wines produced by members as authorized by Minnesota statute 340A.4175. The bonafide association must be in existence for at least two years and provide a list of 10 associated wineries and their FWN License numbers on file with the State of MN Alcohol, Gambling & Enforcement Division (AGED). The association is limited to (1) Winery Annual Festival (Temporary) License per year/not to exceed (4) consecutive days.
The license authorizes the sale of table, sparkling, or fortified wines produced by the wineries at on sale by the glass, provided that no more than (2) glasses per customer may be sold, and off sale by the bottle, provided that no more than (6) bottles in total per customer may be sold. This license also authorizes the dispensing of free samples of the wines offered for sale within designated premises of the festival. The license issued under subdivision 34A.4175 is subject to all laws and ordinances governing the sale, possession, and consumption of table, sparkling or fortified wines.
If you have questions, contact DSI at 651-266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.
IN ORDER TO COMPLY WITH THE STATE OF MN ALCOHOL GAMBLING AND ENFORCEMENT DIVISION SUBMITTAL DEADLINE, COMPLETED APPLICATIONS AND ALL SUPPORTING REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION LISTED BELOW MUST BE RECEIVED IN DSI AT LEAST 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT DATE.
- Class T City License Application
- State of Minnesota Temporary License Application
- A letter of intent for requesting the temporary license (including the nature of the event, whether it is public or private, address of the event, date and hours during which liquor will be sold / served, and the proposed use and disbursement of profits from the sales)
- A letter of consent allowing alcohol service from owner lawfully responsible for premise where alcohol will be served indicating the address/location for which license is requested. A Liquor Liability Certificate of Insurance (including the corporate name, DBA, event address, policy number and dates of liquor coverage. Our department must be listed as a certificate holder as follows: City of St. Paul, Department of Safety & Inspections, 375 Jackson Street, Suite 220, St. Paul, MN 55101)
- Written proof of being a bonafide association in existence for at least (2) years
- List of (10) associated wineries and their FWN License #’s on file at AGED
- Required fee
This license requires inspection approval from Minnesota Department of Health 651-201-4500 and Licensing 651-266-8989.
See Fee Table for current License fees
A Winery Annual Festival (Temporary) License is valid only during the date(s) of the specific event.