Vehicle immobilization service. A person, firm, or corporation who at the request of a private company owner engages in the act of vehicle immobilization of vehicles that have been parked or placed on a private parking lot without permission of the owner or payment of a parking fee.
See Chapter 383 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about Vehicle Immobilization Service.
You must submit the following:
- Class R License Application
- Required Fee
- The name, date of birth, and street address of the place where the applicant resides, and if the applicant is a partnership, corporation or other entity, the names and addresses of its officers and shareholders.
- Whether the applicant has been convicted of any crime or ordinance violation within the past seven years preceding the date of the application or is currently on probation for any crime, the conviction date of which is older than seven years, including the specific charge, date of conviction, place of conviction and the sentence imposed.
- The street address and telephone number of the place where the applicant proposes to operate the licensed business.
- The location of any private locations where the vehicle immobilization service will be conducted and the names and contact information of all persons authorized to order vehicle immobilization at each location.
Your application will be administratively reviewed by DSI Licensing, Zoning and Fire Inspection staff. This review may include on site inspections(s) to verify compliance with applicable regulations. You will be informed of any required inspections including the name and telephone number of the inspector after the submission of a completed license application. The location must be in compliance with all applicable regulations and/or license conditions before any license may be issued.
The annual fee for a Vehicle Immobilization License is $369.00 per location.
A Vehicle Immobilization License will expire one year from date of issuance and may be renewed annually.