This license is for business advertising, representing, or holding a sale of goods, wares or merchandise, an insurance, bankrupt, mortgage, insolvent, assignee's, executor's, administrator's, receiver's, trustee's, removal or closing out sale or sale of goods, wares, or merchandise damaged by fire, smoke, water, or otherwise. If you have questions, contact DSI at 651-266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.
See Chapter 325 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about close-out sales.
- You must submit the following at least two weeks prior to the sale:
- DSI Class T License Application
- A letter stating the reason for the sale
- A list of inventories including wholesale or retail prices
- A completed Close-Out Sale Affidavit Form
- A Minnesota Tax Identification Number
- Required fee
This license requires an inspection approval from Licensing (Phone: 651-266-8989).
See Fee Table for current License fees.
A Close-Out Sales License is valid for 90 days for issuance.