A club or charitable, religious or other non-profit organization in existence for at least three years, or a political committee registered with the State of Minnesota, may obtain an on-sale license to provide intoxicating liquor for consumption on the licensed premises only. Each organization is only allowed 12 days total of alcohol related licenses per calendar year. The City may not issue more than (1) such license to any one (1) organization within a 30 day period. If you have questions, contact DSI at 651-266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.
See Chapter 409 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information regarding Wine On Sale (Temporary) Licenses.
IN ORDER TO COMPLY WITH THE STATE OF MN ALCOHOL GAMBLING AND ENFORCEMENT DIVISION SUBMITTAL DEADLINE, COMPLETED APPLICATIONS AND ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION LISTED BELOW MUST BE RECEIVED IN DSI AT LEAST 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT DATE.
- Class T Application
- State of Minnesota Temporary License Application
- Proof of non-profit status in existence for a minimum of three years
- A letter of intent for requesting the temporary license (including the nature of the event, whether it is public or private, address of the event, date and hours during which liquor will be sold / served, and the proposed use and disbursement of profits from the sales)
- A letter of consent allowing alcohol service from owner lawfully responsible for premise where alcohol will be served indicating the address/location for which license is requested
- A Liquor Liability Certificate of Insurance (including the corporate name, DBA, event address, policy number, and dates of liquor coverage. Our department must be listed as a certificate holder as follows: City of St. Paul, Department of Safety & Inspections, 375 Jackson Street, Suite 220, St. Paul, MN 55101)
- Required fee
- All groups serving alcohol must complete Alcohol Awareness training once in a 12-month period. Contact Steve Trimble at the Minnesota Licensed Beverage Association at 651-772-0910 to set up training in advance of your event.
This review may include on site inspections(s) to verify compliance with applicable regulations.
The fee for Liquor On Sale (Temporary) License is $55 per day of each event. The fee for Alcohol Awareness Training is $25 per year.
A Liquor On Sale (Temporary) License is valid only during the date(s) of the specific event.