The City Information and Complaint line supports customers seeking information about permits and inspections, licenses, neighborhood issues and much more. Every concern submitted online or called in to the City is reviewed, and/or investigated, and addressed.

The top 10 types of requests handled each year include the following issues: 

  • Garbage/rubbish outside the bin
  • Tall grass and weeds (more than 8 inches)
  • Exterior issues such as excessive debris in a yard, house paint peeling
  • Certificate of Occupancy (for non-owner occupied rental properties) 
  • Sidewalks not shoveled or cleared of snow and ice
  • Illegal dumping 
  • Parking violations
  • Graffiti
  • Abandoned vehicles
  • Vegetation hanging over a sidewalk or alley

For more detailed information about these and other property-related concerns, visit this page. For a graphic property maintenance guide, download this:  Residential and Commercial Property Guide.

If a property is generating an excessive number and type of complaints, there are steps you can take to try to resolve the issues. To learn more, visit this page.

We also take calls about a wide range of City issues such as noise, potholes, street lights and traffic signals not working, removing trees or stumps from our City's boulevards. You can find information and contacts for these issues by following the links below: 

City Administration and Elected Officials

  • City Clerk (651-266-8688) maintains records for City Council, acts as responsible authority for City data practices and more; this office also receives filings of appeals and claims. 
  • Council Secretary (651-266-8560) for information about council meetings, resolutions or ordinances, policy sessions, legislative hearings and more. Each Council member has their own webpage, which you may find here
  • Mayor's Office (651-266-8510) or use this form to contact the mayor.

Last Edited: May 11, 2023