A club or charitable, religious or other non-profit organization in existence for at least three years, or a political committee registered with the State of Minnesota, may obtain an on-sale license to sell wine and strong beer not exceeding 14% alcohol by volume for consumption on the licensed premises only. Each organization is only allowed 12 days total of alcohol related licenses per calendar year. If you have questions, contact DSI at 651-266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.
IN ORDER TO COMPLY WITH THE STATE OF MN ALCOHOL GAMBLING AND ENFORCEMENT DIVISION SUBMITTAL DEADLINE, COMPLETED APPLICATIONS AND ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION LISTED BELOW MUST BE RECEIVED IN DSI AT LEAST 30 DAYS PRIOR TO THE EVENT DATE.
- Class T Application
- State of Minnesota Temporary License Application
- Proof of non-profit status in existence for a minimum of three years
- A letter of intent for requesting the temporary license (including the nature of the event, whether it is public or private, address of the event, date and hours during which liquor will be sold / served, and the proposed use and disbursement of profits from the sales)
- A letter of consent allowing alcohol service from owner lawfully responsible for premise where alcohol will be served indicating the address/location for which license is requested
- A Liquor Liability Certificate of Insurance (including the corporate name, DBA, event address, policy number, and dates of liquor coverage. Our department must be listed as a certificate holder as follows: City of St. Paul, Department of Safety & Inspections, 375 Jackson Street, Suite 220, St. Paul, MN 55101)
- Required fee
- EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY- DSI will not be requiring non-profit organizations pulling a temp on-sale liquor, wine and/or beer license to demonstrate proof of Alcohol Awareness training. However, applicants need to ensure proper and appropriate service of alcohol to protect public health and safety as well as their liability and ability to seek additional licenses.
This review may include on site inspections(s) to verify compliance with applicable regulations.
See Fee Table for current License fees.
A Wine On Sale (Temporary) License is valid only during the date(s) of the specific event.