Understand Your Bill
- Account Number: Unique property identification number, needed to set up online payments or payment plans.
- Customer Number: Unique customer identification number, needed to set up online payments or payment plans.
- Billing Date: The date the bill was generated.
- Due Date: The date your payment is due (15 days after billing date).
- Total Current Charges: Total of new charges. Includes water and sewer charges, fees, and potentially other charges determined by the city you live in. For more information about how your bill is calculated and details about rates please see our rates and fees page.
- Current Usage: Number of water units used during the current billing period. One unit is 748 gallons (100 cubic feet) of water. On average, a family of four uses about 17 units per 91-day billing cycle.
- Last Year Usage: Number of water units used during the same billing period one year ago. Useful for quickly judging if your water usage is trending up or down.