This annual license allows a liquor licensee to sell or serve intoxicating liquors in areas outside the building structure on private property which are immediately adjacent to and contiguous with the structure containing the licensed premises. Property which is not connected to the licensed premises cannot be used as an outside service area if it is located across a right of way such as a street or alley. Such outside service areas shall be seasonal, and shall not involve an enlargement of the building structure. If you have questions, please contact DSI at 651-266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.
See Chapter 409.06 (g) of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about Liquor - Outdoor Service Area (Seasonal outside service areas).
This license will not be granted unless all of the following conditions are satisfied:
- Pay the Required Fee
- Submit a Site Plan of the Patio
- Consent of neighboring property: Applicant needs to provide a petition of approval from 60% or more of owners of private residences, dwellings, and apartment houses located within 300 feet.
- The city will provide a notice of 45 days prior to all residents within 350 feet.
- Public hearing: This license will not be issued without a public hearing on the application.
- A Noise Variance may be required (Chapter 293 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code). Contact Environmental Health at 651-266-9090.
This license requires inspection approvals from the Minnesota Department of Health 651-201-4500 and Licensing 651-266-8989.
The fee for an annual Liquor - Outdoor Service Area is $78.00 per year.
This Liquor - Outdoor Service Area license is required to be renew every year, with a fee of $78.00.