2021 Permit Season General Information
- The 2021 permit season runs May 3 though October 4.
- Organizations claiming tax exempt status must bring in a completed Minnesota ST3 form. This is an annual requirement. No exceptions.
- Parks and Recreation will continue to closely monitor Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidelines to inform all future decisions on park permits. All permit holders must adhere to current public health guidance on event capacities, social distancing and usage of face coverings. Some amenities may not be available.
- Parks and Recreation will continue to closely monitor Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidelines to inform all future decisions on park permits. All permit holders must adhere to current public health guidance on event capacities, physical distancing and usage of face coverings.
- Answers to many common questions can be found in our Park Permit Rules and Regulations.
- For changes and updates to our COVID-19 response, visit stpaul.gov/parks-covid19.
NOTE: This page applies to groups of 999 people or less. For groups of 1,000 or more, please see Large Event and Community Festival Reservations.
When to Reserve a Shelter, Pavilion or Building
- Application dates for the Newell Park building and Como Streetcar Station ONLY: City of Saint Paul residents and businesses may apply for a permit the first business day of the month, 13 months in advance of their desired event date. Nonresidents and businesses may apply beginning the first business day of the month, 12 months in advance of their desired event date.
- Application dates for Como Lakeside Pavilion or Harriet Island Pavilion: See Como Lakeside Pavilion and Harriet Island websites for rental information.
- Application dates for all other shelter and pavilion locations: Shelter and pavilion applications are now open for the 2021 season.
- Application deadline: All applications must be made at least seven days prior to the event.
How to Reserve a Picnic Shelter
- Picnic shelters can be reserved online or by contacting the Permit Office at 651-266-6400 or email@example.com.
- Phone reservation hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Reservation calendars for picnic shelters can be viewed online.
How to Reserve a Pavilion or Building
- Reservation calendars for the Newell Park Building and pavilions at Como Regional Park, Highland Park, and Phalen Regional Park can be viewed online.
- Pavilion and buildings are not available for online reservation. Please call the Permit Office at 651-266-6400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for permit assistance. Phone reservation hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday. (Note: This applies only to the locations listed below. Additional locations can be found on the main Permits & Rentals page.)
The day is divided into two sessions. If you would like to reserve the entire day, you are required to pay for two sessions. Please note, setup and cleanup times need to be included in your rental time.
- One Session: 7:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. or 3:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Two Sessions (All Day): 7:30 a.m. - 9:30 p.m.
Shelter, Pavilion & Building Locations
Pavilions, picnic shelters, and other buildings are available to rent at these beautiful Saint Paul parks.
Cherokee Regional Park
Como Regional Park
Crosby Farm Regional Park
Eastside Heritage Park
Hidden Falls Regional Park
Indian Mounds Regional Park
Phalen Regional Park
Other Rental Locations
Many additional facilities and amenities are available to rent through Saint Paul Parks and Recreation.
- Parking: There is no reserved parking in any Saint Paul park.
- Site Visits: There will be a $25 charge for persons requesting to view the facilities before the event. You must contact the permit office at least 7 days prior to your permit so arrangements can be made for a staff person to show you the facility.
- Application Limit: Only one permit application will be accepted per day from any group, individual, or organization.
- Changes & Cancellations: See our Changes and Cancellations Policy.