Liquor - Off Sale License
This license is for the sale of liquor in original packages in retail stores for consumption off or away from the premises where sold. Off sale liquor establishments must be more than a half mile apart, and must be more than 300 feet from property zoned as residential, churches, schools, parks, and licensed child care centers. Except in the Downtown Business District where the distance requirement shall be a radius of 300 feet from any other off-sale liquor establishment and from from property zoned as residential, churches, schools, parks, and licensed child care centers. If you have questions, contact a DSI Project Facilitator at 651-266-8989, or email the DSI Message Center.
See Chapter 409 of the Saint Paul Legislative Code for information about off sale liquor licenses. The distance requirement (2,640 feet) between off sale liquor stores can not be waived.
You must submit the following:
- Liquor license off-sale checklist
- Required Application Forms
- Required State Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement Division (AGED) application forms
- Your application will be administratively reviewed by DSI Licensing, Zoning and Fire Inspection staff. This review may include on site inspections(s) to verify compliance with applicable regulations. You will be informed of any required inspections including the name and telephone number of the inspector after the submission of a completed license application. The location must be in compliance with all applicable regulations and/or license conditions before any license may be issued.
- This license application is subject to the Public Notification Administrative Process.
- You will be required to obtain a Buyers Card ($20) through the State of Minnesota, Liquor Control Division at 444 Cedar Street, Suite 222, Saint Paul, MN 55101. You can also call them at 651-201-7500.
The annual fee for a Liquor - Off Sale License is $1,377.00 per location.
A Liquor - Off Sale License will expire one year from date of issuance (or expire with Liquor Liability expiration date) and may be renewed annually.