Beginning on May 31, 2022, a Sewer Utility contractor (ECI) will be repairing a sanitary sewer tunnel located in Prior Avenue between Gilbert Avenue and Feronia Avenue. The sewer repair work will take approximately 6 to 8 weeks.
Sewer repair project impacts:
- Prior Avenue, including the bridge over I-94, will be closed to vehicle traffic between Gilbert Avenue and Feronia Avenue. This closure will continue through the Prior Avenue Reconstruction Project until fall. See map for vehicle detours.
- Bike lanes and pedestrian access will be maintained along the east side of Prior Avenue through the sewer repair work site.
- Saint Anthony Avenue will be changed into a 2-way street between Dewey Street and Prior Avenue to allow local vehicle access to properties. This change will be in place until November 2022.
- No parking on Saint Anthony Avenue from Dewey Street to Prior Avenue to accommodate the 2-way vehicle traffic. No parking signs will be posted.
- The bike lanes on Saint Anthony Avenue will be closed to accommodate the 2-way vehicle traffic. Bikes will share the road with vehicles. “Share the road” signs will be posted.
- Truck detour routes will be posted for Beacon Avenue and Shields Avenue.
- Sewer repairs will not interrupt any private sanitary sewer service for nearby properties.
- See Sewer Repairs Letter to Residents - 5.2.22 for more information.
Sewer Utility contact