Saint Paul Business Awards
Saint Paul Business Award
Business is booming in Saint Paul – and our business community is one of our city’s most valuable resources. From small businesses to major employers and new start-ups to generations-old family firms, Saint Paul companies provide jobs and services to residents, support for our nonprofit institutions, and a solid foundation for our city’s growth and prosperity. To recognize the outstanding businesses that call Saint Paul home, the City of Saint Paul launched the Saint Paul Business Awards Program in 2017.
The Saint Paul Business Awards Program recognizes local businesses that provide critical services, contribute to our community, invest in their employees and are committed to our values of equity and diversity.
Saint Paul is seeking nominations for its 3rd annual Business Awards honoring outstanding Saint Paul businesses starting January 14, 2019. You can nominate/apply for consideration here. COMPLETED NOMINATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN 5 P.M. ON FEBRUARY 15, 2019. (NOTE: If you are a business that has been nominated on the last day of the nomination period, you have until March 1, 2019 to complete the application for consideration.)
2018 Business Awards Winners
- Morelli's Market - Traditions Award - Honoring a business that has been active in Saint Paul for at least 20 years.
- Caydence Records and Coffee - New Kid on the Block Award - Honoring a business that has opened in Saint Paul within the last five years.
- Afro Deli - Large Business Excellence Award - Honoring a business with at least 50 employees in Saint Paul that cares for its employees and the community.
- A Backyard Farm - Small Business Excellence Award - Honoring a business with fewer than 50 employees in Saint Paul that cares for its employees and the community.
- Eyes All Over - Alice O’Brien Award – Honoring a woman-owned business that is committed to equity and empowerment.
- Hmong Elders Center - Reflecting St. Paul Award – Honoring a business owned by a person of color that is committed to equity and empowerment.
- Heritage Tea House Boutique - People’s Choice Award - Honoring a business that is recognized for its excellence by Saint Paul residents
- Wet Paint - Open for Business Award - Honoring a business that exemplifies nearly all the categories in the Saint Paul Business Awards.
The 2018 award winners were recognized at a Saint Paul City Council meeting and reception on April 11, 2018.