Ward 2 - Councilmember Noecker
About Ward 2
Ward 2 includes the neighborhoods of West 7th Street, the West Side, Summit Hill, Railroad Island, Lowertown, and the Downtown business district. The Ward is shaped by its proximity to the Mississippi River. Harriet Island Regional Park, Lilydale Park, and the Mississippi National River Recreation Area are located on the banks of the river in Ward 2.
About Councilmember Noecker
Rebecca Noecker is an innovative leader, a community-builder, and a strong advocate for social justice.
Rebecca grew up in St. Louis Park and earned her bachelor’s degree in Social Studies from Harvard College. She dedicated her early career to educational equity, as a middle school science teacher with Teach For America in Baton Rouge, a program officer at the Baton Rouge Area Foundation and Teach For India, and as director of community engagement at AchieveMpls.
Rebecca has served on the board of the West Side Community Organization and the St. Paul Planning Commission, and she founded West Siders for Strong Schools, a neighborhood group dedicated to promoting excellent public schools on the West Side.
In 2015, Rebecca was elected to be the first woman to represent Ward 2 on the Saint Paul City Council. Her priorities are equity, economic development and creating opportunities for young people.
Rebecca lives with her husband Shane Noecker, and their sons, Whitman and Fitzgerald, on St. Paul’s West Side.
Keep in touch with your Ward 2 Council office and receive up-to-date information on issues and events affecting your neighborhood.
- Like the St. Paul City Council Ward 2 Facebook page.
- Sign up for Ward 2 quarterly e-newsletters (see sidebar at right).
Meet Councilmember Noecker in the community. She’s available for drop-in events throughout the Ward every month. Here are some upcoming dates:
- October 29, 5 - 6:30 pm, Alary's, 16 E. 7th St.
- November 1, 8-9:30 am, Hope Breakfast Bar, 1 S. Leech St.
- November, 12-12:45 pm, Virtual Lunch with Rebecca, Facebook
- November, 21 5 - 6:30 pm, Wabasha Brewing, 429 Wabasha St. S
- December 6, 8-9:30 am, Bread & Chocolate, 867 Grand Ave.
- December 10 , 12-12:45 pm, Virtual Lunch with Rebecca, Facebook