Ward 2 - Councilmember Noecker
About Ward 2
Ward 2 includes the neighborhoods of West 7th Street, the West Side, Summit Hill, Railroad Island, Lowertown, and the Downtown business district. The Ward is shaped by its proximity to the Mississippi River. Harriet Island Regional Park, Lilydale Park, and the Mississippi National River Recreation Area are located on the banks of the river in Ward 2.
About Councilmember Noecker
Rebecca Noecker is an innovative leader, a community-builder, and a strong advocate for social justice.
Rebecca grew up in St. Louis Park and earned her bachelor’s degree in Social Studies from Harvard College. She dedicated her early career to educational equity, as a middle school science teacher with Teach For America in Baton Rouge, a program officer at the Baton Rouge Area Foundation and Teach For India, and as director of community engagement at AchieveMpls.
Rebecca has served on the board of the West Side Community Organization and the St. Paul Planning Commission, and she founded West Siders for Strong Schools, a neighborhood group dedicated to promoting excellent public schools on the West Side.
In 2015, Rebecca was elected to be the first woman to represent Ward 2 on the Saint Paul City Council. Her priorities are equity, economic development and creating opportunities for young people.
Rebecca lives with her husband Shane Noecker, and their sons, Whitman and Fitzgerald, on St. Paul’s West Side.
Keep in touch with your Ward 2 Council office and receive up-to-date information on issues and events affecting your neighborhood.
- Like the St. Paul City Council Ward 2 Facebook page.
- Sign up for Ward 2 quarterly e-newsletters (see sidebar at right).
Attend a Ward 2 Neighborhood Meeting. Councilmember Noecker will be hosting neighborhood meetings in each of the Ward 2 neighborhoods. Join Rebecca and your neighbors for a casual conversation about the local issues that matter to you.
- West Side: February 13, 6-7:30 pm, Baker Community Center, 209 Page St W
- Downtown: February 27, 6-7:30 pm, Black Dog Cafe, 308 E Prince St
- West Seventh: March 12, 6-7:30 pm, Palace Community Center, 781 Palace Ave
- Summit Hill: March 26, 6-7:30 pm, Linwood Recreation Center, 860 St Clair Ave
Meet Councilmember Noecker in the community. She’s available for drop-in events throughout the Ward every month. Here are some upcoming dates:
- January 10, 8-9:30 am, Capital View Cafe, 637 South Smith Ave.
- January 14, 12-12:45 pm, Virtual Lunch with Rebecca, Facebook
- January 23, 5:00-6:30 pm, Joe & Stan's, 949 7th St. W.
- February 7, 8-9:30 am, Uptowner Cafe, 1100 Grand Ave.
- February 11, 12-12:45 pm, Virtual Lunch with Rebecca, Facebook
- March 6, 8-9:30 am, Claddagh, 459 7th St. W
- March 10 , 12-12:45 pm, Virtual Lunch with Rebecca, Facebook