Parking in Saint Paul
Metered Parking Zones
Parking Meter Rates & Hours
Parking meters in the City of Saint Paul are enforced Monday through Saturday, except for the following holidays:
- New Year’s Day (January 1 and federally observed holiday)
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents’ Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day (July 4 and federally observed holiday)
- Labor Day
- Veterans Day (November 11 and federally observed holiday)
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day Following Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day (December 25 and federally observed holiday)
Maps showing meter locations, rates, and time limits can be found here in pdf format:
Special Event Rates
Special rates are in effect during concerts, sporting events, or other events.
Upcoming Event Rate Dates
- August 2 (CHS Field)
- August 4 (CHS Field)
- August 5 (CHS Field)
- August 6 (CHS Field)
- August 9 (XCEL Energy Center)
- August 9 (CHS Field)
- August 11 (CHS Field)
- August 12 (CHS Field)
- August 13 (CHS Field)
- August 22 (CHS Field)
- August 24 (CHS Field)
- August 30 (CHS Field)
- August 31 (CHS Field)
Mobile Pay Parking App
Download the PassportParking app - park, pay, be on your way!
- Quick Registration - registration takes 2 minutes or less!
- Pay and Extend on the Go - Park. Pay. Be on your way. Need more time? Extend your parking from your phone!
- Get Reminders - See how much time you have left in your session. Plus get reminders 10 minutes before it expires.
Zone Number - 651
Signs are still being installed around downtown. Need to know the zone number? It's easy to remember - it's 651.
When making meter payments using Passport, parkers have the option to make a one-time payment using a credit card, which will require an additional transaction fee of 15¢, or pay using Passport’s prepaid wallet without an additional fee. Adding a prepaid Wallet to your account requires a minimum deposit of $10, which can be used to pay for parking.
Looking for instructions on using our pay stations? Watch the video below for a step-by-step explanation and for information about their implementation.