2020 Winter Basketball Registration
Registration for winter youth basketball will open on Monday, September 21. Register early and save!
September 21 = 25% off
September 22 = 20% off
September 23-25 = 10% off
Programs offered for ages 10 and up may require modifications based on future guidance from the MSHSL and Minnesota Department of Health. Possible modifications may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Spectators may be limited to one parent/guardian per player or barred all together.
- League play may be replaced with an alternative program format emphasizing skills and development.
- Program sites may be asked to combine, and/or take place at a different time and location.
Communication regarding changes will be communicated in advance of the program start date.
- Registrations are taken over the phone or in person at the recreation centers, or online.
- Participants must provide a copy of a birth certificate or proof-of-age document at the time of registration.
- All participants who are not residents of Saint Paul will be required to pay the non-resident fee.
- All participants must comply with all other requirements such as age guidelines.
- Participants may register on the sports team which aligns with their gender identity. Participants who do not identify as male or female may register on the sports team of their choice.
- Fee is due at the time of registration.
- Late registrations may be charged a late fee.
- Registering for a sport at a center does not guarantee a child will play at that center. When a center does not have enough players to make a team, every effort is made to place players at the closest center with a team. Also, due to limited field space and/or gym space there are times when teams must travel to another site to practice.
- Call your local recreation center for more information.
Fee assistance may be available. Visit the fee assistance page for more information.
For information on activity fees for non-residents, view our Non-Resident Fee FAQs.
Youth have an opportunity to play with a friend, if requested. Each participant may request one friend as a “buddy”. The buddy requested must also request you in order for the buddy request to be considered a match. All other requests (e.g. multiple buddies, buddy chains) will not be granted. Siblings are always buddied unless a specific request not to do so is made. Learn more about the Buddy Request Policy.
All refunds are subject to a $10 administration charge unless the program is canceled or filled. No refunds granted after the first season game has begun.
|Spring Sports||January 1-31|
|Summer Sports||March 1-31|
|Fall Sports||June 1-30 *July 1-31, 2020|
|Winter Sports||September 1-30 *postponed--details coming soon!|
The early bird gets the discount! Register online during one of the first five days registration is open and you automatically receive a discount. The earlier you register, the bigger the discount. So act fast - these discounts are only good for the first five days of each registration period.
Day 1 = 25% off
Day 2 = 20% off
Days 3 - 5 = 10% off
Example: Register for Basketball on September 1 and get 25% off the program fee. Register for Basketball on September 3 and get 10% off.
Players participating in the Saint Paul Parks and Recreation's youth sports programs may be eligible to play on more than one team in a particular sport if the following guidelines are met:
- Players may not play on more than one team within the same age group in SPPR leagues.
- Players may play on more than one SPPR league team if they are in a different age group, and if the person is eligible by age in both. He or she must also meet the following criteria:
- Players may play up one division if there are not enough players in the older division to field a team in that division and those players would not have the opportunity to play without the younger players moving up.
- Permission must be granted to a Saint Paul Parks and Recreation Staff and the Parent of the player.
- A player, in the opinion of the Saint Paul Parks and Recreation Staff, Coaches, and Parent/s, has the skills and physical ability to compete in the older division and will not displace a player that is in the appropriate division.
- If a player plays in more than one age group, they can only play in one age group during the playoff tournament.