Bicycling in Saint Paul
Whether you use a bike to commute or whether you just want to get some exercise and take in the sights of one of Minnesota's oldest cities, Saint Paul is the place for you.
Saint Paul has nearly 180 miles of bicycle facilities.
- 84 miles of off-street paths
- 47 miles of roadway with striped bike lanes
- 19 miles of roadway with striped bikeable shoulders
- 11 miles of roadway designed as bicycle boulevards
- 18 miles of roadway with signed or marked shared lanes
As noted in the City's Comprehensive Plan, "Saint Paul will become a world-class bicycling city that accommodates cyclists of varying skill levels riding bicycles for both transportation and recreation and encourages bicycle use as a part of everyday life."