Garbage Collection Information
- All household garbage must be securely bagged. Do not place loose garbage inside of your garbage cart.
- Any garbage that does not fit in a cart with the lid closed is considered “overflow” and will be collected at a charge of $3 per bag, plus tax. Bag all overflow garbage and keep it indoors until your collection day.
- Keep your cart 2 feet clear of all objects. Make sure your cart is not blocked by cars, snow, other carts, or other obstructions. Blocked garbage carts will not be collected.
- You are responsible if your cart is lost or damaged beyond normal wear and tear. Please keep your cart clean and store it in a safe location. Do not paint or alter the exterior of your cart.
- You can change your garbage cart size once a year at no additional cost. Subsequent cart changes will cost $25 per change. Cart changes can include, but are not limited to, service level changes or cart replacements due to damage or loss. Call your hauler to request a cart change.
- For more information and updates on delays due to winter weather, please visit our winter collection page.
Every Other Week Collection Schedule
If you have a 35-gallon “small” garbage cart with a purple lid for the Saint Paul Citywide Garbage Service, your garbage will be collected every other week. Find out which day of the week your garbage is collected by visiting stpaul.gov/GarbageMap.