Ward 4 - Councilmember Mitra Jalali
About Ward 4
Ward 4 includes many of Saint Paul's best-known locations, including "Minnesota's Main Street," Snelling Avenue and a large portion of Como Park. The Green Line runs through Ward 4 along the diverse and busy University Avenue business district. Ward 4 includes all or part of five neighborhoods -- Hamline-Midway, Merriam Park, Saint Anthony Park, and parts of Mac-Groveland and Como.
About Councilmember Jalali
Mitra Jalali was sworn in as the newest member of the Saint Paul City Council in September 2018 to represent Ward 4, which includes the neighborhoods of Merriam Park, Union Park, Saint Anthony Park, Como Park, Mac-Groveland and Hamline-Midway in the northwest part of the city. Mitra has previously worked as a classroom teacher, community organizer, policy aide and congressional staffer to U.S. Rep. Keith Ellison. Her priorities in office include attainable and affordable housing and homeownership, community-first public safety and police accountability, sustainability and transit, and community wealth-building through economic development. Mitra is also passionate about organizing, inclusive community engagement, and representation for all, including underrepresented and underserved community members. In addition to serving as a City Councilwoman, she also serves on the board of the Family Housing Fund, the intergovernmental Joint Property Tax Advisory Committee, Ramsey County Dispatch and is the co-chair of the 2020 U.S. Census collection initiative for Ramsey County.
- November 12, 6-8pm at Cocreatz (SW corner of University and Raymond)
- December 5, 8-10am at Black Coffee and Waffle Bar (SW corner of Marshall and Cretin)
Events in the Ward
- Union Park District Council Annual Meeting - Nov. 6, 5:30-8:30pm (info here)
- Hamline Midway Coalition Annual Meeting - Nov. 6, 6-8pm (info here)
- Community Rec Night - Nov. 14 (info here)
- Landlord Assistance Event - Nov. 18 (info here)
- Dinner with Mr. and Mrs. Claus - Dec. 6 (info here)
- Parent and Child Paint Night - Dec. 18 (info here)
- Winter Blast - Dec. 23-Jan. 3 (info here)
For more fun throughout St. Paul, check out all of the upcoming community events in the St. Paul Parks and Recreation Activity Guide.