Oxford Community Center
Home of Jimmy Lee Recreation Center & Great River Water Park
Jimmy Lee Recreation Center & Oxford Community Center is closed at this time. Please see below for current programing options and alternatives, and visit stpaul.gov/parks-covid19 for more information.
Located in the heart of the historic Rondo neighborhood of Saint Paul, the Oxford Community Center provides state-of-the-art recreational facilities for residents and visitors alike. The community center, reconstructed from the Oxford/Jimmy Lee Recreation Center built in the 1960s, is made up of the Jimmy Lee Recreation Center and Great River Water Park, a year-round aquatic facility.
Oxford Community Center/Jimmy Lee Recreation Center offers educational programs, after school activities, open gym, family events, fitness center memberships, swimming lessons, you and adult athletics, field rentals, rental space for parties, meeting, and events, and much more.
Call (651) 642-0650 for more information.
Summer Space: Youth Outdoor Program
Summer Space is a free outdoor program for Saint Paul youth entering grades 1-6 that adheres to MN Department of Health guidance on COVID-19. The program includes arts & crafts, nature exploration, games, fitness, and other structured activities that allow for participants to connect with their peers while keeping their “space” to allow for social distancing. Registration is required. You must call the recreation center directly, Monday through Friday, 12pm-3pm to register.
- When: Mon-Thu, starting June 22, 2020; Times vary by location
- Where: Various Saint Paul parks and recreation centers
- Cost: Free
- Who: Youth entering grades 1-6 in the fall
Rec Reimagined: Digital and Alternative Programs
In order to help you stay connected, healthy, and active during this time, we have launched a new webpage where you can stay up-to-date with all of our digital and alternative programming options. Visit Rec Reimagined page often for the latest virtual programs, activity ideas, and other ways to live an active lifestyle and stay connected to nature in our parks, at home, and in your own back yard. We will continue to update this page as new programs and activities are introduced.
- Craft Room
- Computer Lab
- Dance Studio
- Fitness Center
- (4) Gymnasiums
- Multipurpose Room
- Teaching Kitchen
- Walking Track
- Great River Water Park
- Baseball Field - Synthetic Turf
- Football Field - Synthetic Turf
- Lacrosse Field - Synthetic Turf
- Picnic Area
- Soccer Field - Synthetic Turf
- Softball Field - Synthetic Turf
Great River Water Park Amenities
- 25-yard, eight-lane lap pool
- Equipment for lap swim & water aerobics
- Life jackets available to rent for free
- Children's activity pool
- One-meter diving board
- Large water slides
- Large floats (Snappy the Turtle and his log)
- Men's, women's, and family locker rooms
- Designated eating areas
- Party room
- Swimming lessons
Rentals and Reservations
- For field reservations or to reserve space at this facility, contact Scott Walsh at (651) 642-0650 or Scott.Walsh@ci.stpaul.mn.us.
- For terms and conditions, rental rates, and applications, see Recreation Center Rentals.
- Interested in having a birthday party or event at Great River Water Park? See Great River Water Park Rentals & Parties.
Free Summer Meals
Free summer meals are provided Monday through Friday to youth 18 years of age and under and persons over 19 who participate in a public or nonprofit private school program for persons with disabilities. Visit the Free Summer Meals webpage for more information.
Summer Blast is a free afternoon program for youth who will be entering grades 1-6 in the fall.
Rec Check is a free after-school program for youth in grades 1–5.
No-School Day Programs
Special programming may be available during no-school days such as MEA, winter break, spring break or other times throughout the school year.
Saint Paul Parks and Recreation offers many opportunities to make a difference in the lives of youth and adults who rely on recreation center programs and services, including helping out at community events, youth coaching, mentoring, and more. Learn more about our recreation center volunteer opportunities.