Using your Wheeled, Lidded Cart for Recycling
- Set out your recyclables in your new recycling cart for collection. We no longer accept recyclables in blue curbside bins, other containers, or paper bags outside of the cart.
- Set out your recycling cart by 6:00 a.m. along the edge of the alley or curb with arrows on the top lid facing out.
- Make sure snow is cleared away from the recycling cart. Do not place in or on a snow bank, or in standing water (to prevent your cart from freezing to the ground in the winter).
- Do not place the cart on or behind any retaining wall, inside a fence or behind a car.
- Place your recycling cart at least two feet away from objects such as your garage, trash cart, trees, fences, etc.
- All material must fit loosely inside your cart with the lid closed. Do not place extra cardboard next to your cart.
- Remember to remove your cart from the curb after collection.
How big is the cart?
All households received a 64-gallon cart at the start of the program. If you would like to try a smaller (32-gallon) or larger (95-gallon) cart you may request a switch by calling Eureka Recycling at 651-222-7678. One switch will be allowed at no charge.
See this chart for a full spectrum of cart sizes and their dimensions.