Crosby Farm Regional Park
About Crosby Farm Regional Park
Crosby Farm Regional Park is named after Thomas Crosby, an English immigrant who staked out 160 acres in the valley southwest of the present-day junction of Shepard Road and Interstate 35E in 1858. Before Crosby's death in 1886, the farm became one of the largest and longest running in the West End and Highland Park area. A succession of families farmed it between 1902 and 1962. The Saint Paul Port Authority purchased the land in the early 1960s and leased it to the City for park use. Today, Crosby Farm's potential as a nature area accessible to the public may be realized.
With about 6.7 miles of paved trails, the park provides a beautiful setting for an afternoon's walk, run, or ride. Trails run along shady, wooded bottom lands next to the Mississippi River, along the marshes of Crosby Lake, past scenic picnic areas, and connects to the Mississippi River Boulevard parkway.
Expect to catch primarily pan fish in Crosby Lake and Upper Lake. One DNR official called the Mississippi River "the fishin' river of Minnesota." It has a fantastic array of game fish such as walleyes, sauger, northern pike and muskie. Standard state regulations apply to fishing on the Mississippi. Call (651)259-5831 for more fishing regulation information.
Rentals and Reservations
Crosby Shelter at Gannon Road and Crosby Farm Road seats approximately 50 people. Other amenities include a fire pit, barbecue grill, electricity and restrooms. Electricity is available at 110 volts. Multiple crock pots, coffee pots, roasters and other electric items may cause overloads on the power source.
Also available are the following: drinking fountain Watergate Marina, fishing in Upper lake, Crosby Lake and the Mississippi River.
Note: The possession or consumption of alcohol is prohibited in this park.