Reserve a Picnic Shelter, Pavilion or Building
Note: This page apply to groups of 999 people or less. For groups of 1,000 or more, please see Large Event and Community Festival Reservations.
The 2018 picnic season runs from May 5 - October 7. Some facilities may close earlier in October depending on weather.
When to Reserve a Shelter, Pavilion or Building
- Application dates for Newell Building, Irvine Park and the Como Streetcar Station ONLY: City of Saint Paul residents and businesses may apply for a permit the first business day of the month, 13 months in advance of their desired event date. Nonresidents and businesses may apply beginning the first business day of the month, 12 months in advance of their desired event date.
- Application dates for Como Lakeside Pavilion or Harriet Island Pavilion: See Como Lakeside Pavilion and Harriet Island websites for rental information.
- Application dates for all other shelter and pavilion locations: 2018 permits are now open to all Saint Paul residents, non-residents, and businesses.
- Application deadline: All applications must be made at least seven days prior to the event.
How to Reserve a Shelter, Pavilion or Building
- Reserving a Pavilion or Building: To reserve large buildings or pavilions you must contact the Permit Office Mon-Fri: 7:30am - 3:30pm at 651-266-6400 or ParksPermits@ci.stpaul.mn.us during the dates listed above.
- Reserving a Shelter: You can self-permit picnic shelters online or contact the Permit Office.
The day is divided into two sessions. If you would like to reserve the entire day, you are required to pay for two sessions. Please note, setup and cleanup times need to be included in your rental time.
- ONE SESSION: 7:30am-2:00pm or 3:30pm-9:30pm
- TWO SESSIONS (ALL DAY): 7:30am-9:30pm
Shelter, Pavilion & Building Locations
Pavilions, picnic shelters, and other buildings are available to rent at these beautiful Saint Paul parks.
Cherokee Regional Park
Como Regional Park
Crosby Farm Regional Park
Eastside Heritage Park
Hidden Falls Regional Park
Indian Mounds Regional Park
Phalen Regional Park
Other Rental Locations
Many additional facilities and amenities are available to rent through Saint Paul Parks and Recreation.
- Parking: There is no reserved parking in any Saint Paul park.
- Site Visits: There will be a $25 charge for persons requesting to view the facilities before the event. You must contact the permit office at least 7 days prior to your permit so arrangements can be made for a staff person to show you the facility.
- Application Limit: Only one permit application will be accepted per day from any group, individual, or organization.
- Changes & Cancellations: See our Changes and Cancellations Policy.