Special Notices & Closures
Parks & Recreation Special Notices & Closures
- 9/18/19: Meeker Island Dog Park is currently closed due to high waters on the Mississippi River. We expect the water to recede sometime next week and hope to reopen by September 25.
- A section of Lilydale Road past the Pool & Yacht Club is still closed due to spring 2019 flood damage. The estimated repair date is TBD. Access to the Lilydale boat launches is available from Water Street on the north side of the park near Harriet Island. Access to the Pool & Yacht Club is available from the south via Lilydale Road. Visit the Road Closures page for updates.
- The Scheffer Recreation Center building is closed for construction during summer 2019. Activities will be relocated to nearby parks and rec centers. The new Frogtown Community Center building is expected to open in fall 2019.
- The Gateway State Trail is currently closed from L'Orient Street at Maryland Avenue south to Cayuga Street. Please use the detour along Maryland Avenue to the Trout Brook Trail.
- For information on boulevard ash tree removal, visit the Structured Removal webpage.
- For recreation center holiday closures and special hours, see the Holiday, Seasonal & Special Hours page.
For more information on park, facility, road, and trail closures related to park construction projects, visit the Current Projects webpage. For road closure information related to Public Works projects, visit the Public Works Road Closures page.