Special Notices & Closures
Parks & Recreation Special Notices & Closures
- Highland Park disc golf hole #5 will close temporarily for construction of a new staircase. Players should play around hole #5, with access between hole #4 basket and #6 tee pad via hole #3 fairway back to the top of the hill. The project is expected to be completed in mid to late August, 2019.
- Mississippi River Floodplain Park Closures (Updated 6/21) Please continue to use caution and obey all barricades and signage.
- Meeker Island Dog Park – Open
- Boat Launches – Open
- Lilydale - Boat launch and Pickerel Lake are open. Paddle Share is still closed.
- Hidden Falls South – Closed
- Hidden Falls North – Open (Picnic areas and boat launch open, trails still closed)
- Crosby Farm – Open (Some trail sections closed)
- Harriet Island – Open (Kelly's Landing pavilion & surrounding open space closed)
- Raspberry Island – Open
- Upper/Lower Landing – Open
- Sam Morgan Regional Trail – Open
- Visit the Flood Information page for additional updates.
- The Scheffer Recreation Center building is closed for construction during summer 2019. Activities will be relocated to nearby parks and rec centers. The new Frogtown Community Center building is expected to open in fall 2019.
- The Gateway State Trail is currently closed from L'Orient Street at Maryland Avenue south to Cayuga Street. Please use the detour along Maryland Avenue to the Trout Brook Trail.
- For information on boulevard ash tree removal, visit the Structured Removal webpage.
- For High Bridge Dog Park and Sam Morgan Regional Trail closures and detours, visit the MnDot Hwy 149 High Bridge project website.
- For recreation center holiday closures and special hours, see the Holiday, Seasonal & Special Hours page.
For more information on park, facility, road, and trail closures related to park construction projects, visit the Current Projects webpage.