Special Notices & Closures
Parks & Recreation Special Notices & Closures
- Crews will be working on silt cleanup at Crosby Farm Regional Park the week of January 6, 2020. Heavy machinery will be present and some trails and areas of the park may be closed.
- Saint Paul, Maplewood and Ramsey County are partnering on deer management south of I-94 this winter, pursuant to the 2019 Ramsey County Deer Management Program. In this area, the current deer population exceeds the amount of sustainable deer habitat, which may result in an unhealthy, stressed herd. Overpopulation of deer also result in damage to ornamental and garden plants, high rates of deer/vehicle collisions, and damage or excessive browsing to native trees, shrubs and plants. During the winter of 2019/2020 deer management activities will be accomplished in partnership with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Wildlife Services division. All deer removed in this program will be donated to underserved residents of Ramsey County in coordination with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.
- The Pig's Eye Archery Range will close for the winter as Friday, November 22 and is predicted to re-open in May 2020.
- The picnic pavilion, Lakeside Activity Center, and beach house parking lots at Phalen Regional Park will be closed for the winter. See map for alternate parking lots.
- The Gateway State Trail is currently closed from L'Orient Street at Maryland Avenue south to Cayuga Street. Please use the detour along Maryland Avenue to the Trout Brook Trail.
- For information on boulevard ash tree removal, visit the Structured Removal webpage.
- For recreation center holiday closures and special hours, see the Holiday, Seasonal & Special Hours page.
For more information on park, facility, road, and trail closures related to park construction projects, visit the Current Projects webpage. For road closure information related to Public Works projects, visit the Public Works Road Closures page.