Ward 2 - Councilmember Noecker
About Ward 2
Ward 2 includes the neighborhoods of West 7th Street, the West Side, Summit Hill, Railroad Island, Lowertown, and the Downtown business district. The Ward is shaped by its proximity to the Mississippi River. Harriet Island Regional Park, Lilydale Park, and the Mississippi National River Recreation Area are located on the banks of the river in Ward 2.
About Councilmember Noecker
Rebecca Noecker is a community builder, an advocate for social justice, a wife and mother, and a proud resident of St. Paul’s West Side.
Rebecca grew up in St. Louis Park and earned her bachelor’s degree in Social Studies from Harvard College. She has dedicated her career to educational equity, first as a middle school science teacher with Teach For America in Baton Rouge, and then as a non-profit professional at the Baton Rouge Area Foundation, Teach For India, and AchieveMpls.
Rebecca has served on the board of the West Side Community Organization and the St. Paul Planning Commission, and founded West Siders for Strong Schools, a neighborhood group dedicated to promoting excellent public schools on the West Side.
In 2015, Rebecca was elected to represent Ward 2 on the Saint Paul City Council. She is the youngest member of the Council and the first woman to represent Ward 2. Her priorities are equity and economic development. She is a full-time City Council member.
Rebecca is married to Shane Noecker, an English teacher at Rogers High School, and they have two boys under 3 – Whitman and Fitzgerald - who keep them happily busy in their spare time.
Keep in touch with your Ward 2 Council office and receive up-to-date information on issues and events affecting your neighborhood.
- Like the St. Paul City Council Ward 2 Facebook page.
- Sign up for Ward 2 quarterly e-newsletters (see sidebar at right).
Meet Councilmember Noecker in the community. She’ll be holding Community Coffees at coffee shops and restaurants throughout the Ward.
- Friday, July 22nd, 8-10 am, Fresh Grounds - 1362 7th Street West, 55102
- Monday, July 25th, 12 noon - 12:45 pm, Facebook "Virtual Lunch" - join her online on the St. Paul City Council Ward 2 Facebook page
- Tuesday, August 2nd, evening, National Night Out - she will be dropping by events throughout the ward. Please contact us if you'd like her to stop by yours!
- Thursday, August 11th, 5-7 pm, Subtext Books - 6 West 5th Street, 55102