- Held at the call of the chair.
- The board meets approximately five to six times a year.
Capitol Area Architectural Planning Board
List of Criteria:
- 12 members, 3 of which are appointed by the Mayor
- St. Paul Residency – one member shall be a resident of the district planning area containing the Capitol area
St. Paul enabling code applicable to board: N/A
Length of term: 4 years
Meetings: Held at the call of the chair. The board meets 5-6 times a year.
Powers & Duties
- Preserving the integrity of the Capitol, the buildings immediately adjacent to it, and the Capitol grounds
- Enhancing the open spaces within the Capitol area
- Developing proper approaches to the Capitol area for pedestrians and traffic
- Establishing a flexible framework for growth of the Capitol buildings which will be in keeping with the spirit of the original design
Vacancies: No vacancies
Complete an application online or print one out and mail it in. You can apply for more than one committee per application. Mayor Carter encourages applicants to get recommendations from their City Councilmembers.
Please send applications to:
ATTN: Noel Nix
Office of the Mayor
390 City Hall 15 Kellogg Blvd.West
Saint Paul, MN 55102. Phone:
For a complete list of boards, committees and commissions, please see the list to the right-hand side of this screen. For questions about the application process please contact Noel Nix via email at Noel.Nix@ci.stpaul.mn.us.