Permits & Rentals
For changes and updates to our permit processes, visit stpaul.gov/parks-covid19.
Park & Facility Reservations
2020 Permit Lottery
- City of Saint Paul residents and businesses can apply in person for 2020 park permits beginning Thursday, January 2, 2020.
- The 2020 Park Permit Lottery will be held at the Saint Paul Parks and Recreation Como Maintenance Office, located at 1100 North Hamline Ave, and will open at 6:30 a.m. with lottery numbers issued from 6:30 a.m. to 7:00 a.m.
- Park permits will be issued starting at 7:01 a.m. to customers using a random lottery system.
- Customers arriving after 7:00 a.m. will be issued permits on a first-come, first-served basis after all the lottery customers have been served.
- Lottery numbers may not be transferred to other customers, and there will be no phone reservations accepted until January 3.
2020 Permit Season General Information
- The 2020 picnic season runs from May 2 - October 4. Some facilities may close earlier in October depending on weather.
- Beginning January 3, permit applications will be accepted from Saint Paul residents and businesses via phone at 651-266-6400 or in-person at 25 West 4th Street, Suite 400. Regular permit reservation hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Beginning February 1, online shelter permits will be available and non-residents may apply for permits.
- Reservations need to be made a minimum of seven business days in advance.
- Permits are issued and allowed for summer holidays.
- Reserved parking spaces are not permitted in our parks; all parking is general and on a first come, first served basis.
- All insurance certificates must be submitted to Saint Paul Parks and Recreation no later than 15 business days prior to the event. Failure to do so will result in event being canceled. Insurance is required for all inflatables and no dunk tanks are allowed in parks. See Saint Paul Event Insurance Requirements for more information.
- Organizations claiming tax exempt status must submit a completed MN Certificate of Exemption (ST3) form prior to making a reservation. This tax exempt number must be issued by the State of MN and not by the IRS Department of Treasury.
- The Parks and Recreation Department retains the right to shutdown any rental for any violation of the Park Permit Rules & Regulations, city ordinances, or laws that are violated, without refund of the rental fee.
- Permit Office rentals and reservations are subject to our Changes and Cancellations Policy.
- For any questions, contact the Permit Office at 651-266-6400 Monday through Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm, or email@example.com.
Browse our most popular reservable locations below. If you are interested in reserving a site not listed, please contact the Permit Office at 651-266-6400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shelters, Pavilions & Buildings
- Downtown & Small Parks
- Walk/Run Sites
- Popular Wedding Sites
- Athletic Fields & Sports Facilities
- Recreation Center Rentals
- Harriet Island/Raspberry Island/Upper Landing
- Como Lakeside Pavilion
- Como Zoo Picnic Pavilion
- Marjorie McNeely Conservatory
- City House
- Pig's Eye Archery Range
- Como Woodland Outdoor Classroom
Planning Large Events & Festivals
From iconic Como Regional Park to stunning Harriet Island, Saint Paul is packed with great outdoor spaces to host festivals, concerts, races and more! See the Large Event & Festival Planning page for more information.
Boulevard Tree Permits
- All maintenance work being performed on public boulevard trees requires a free permit issued by Saint Paul Forestry.
- For more information, call Forestry at 651-266-6400, or visit the boulevard tree permit webpage.
Requests for fossil hunting permits are not being accepted at this time. No fossil hunting is allowed as fossil grounds are currently closed.
Photo and Film Permits
Visit the Photo and Film Permit page for more information.