Permits & Rentals
Park & Facility Reservations
2020 Permit Season General Information
- For COVID-19 information, visit The 2020 picnic season runs from May 2 - October 4. Some facilities may close earlier in October depending on weather.
- Due to ever-changing guidelines related to COVID-19, we cannot accept online reservations at this time. Please call 651-266-6400 or email email@example.com for permit assistance. Phone reservation hours are 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Reservations need to be made a minimum of seven business days in advance.
- Permits are issued and allowed for summer holidays.
- Reserved parking spaces are not permitted in our parks; all parking is general and on a first come, first served basis.
- All insurance certificates must be submitted to Saint Paul Parks and Recreation no later than 15 business days prior to the event. Failure to do so will result in event being canceled. Insurance is required for all inflatables and no dunk tanks are allowed in parks. See Saint Paul Event Insurance Requirements for more information.
- Organizations claiming tax exempt status must submit a completed MN Certificate of Exemption (ST3) form prior to making a reservation. This tax exempt number must be issued by the State of MN and not by the IRS Department of Treasury.
- The Parks and Recreation Department retains the right to shutdown any rental for any violation of the Park Permit Rules & Regulations, city ordinances, or laws that are violated, without refund of the rental fee.
- Permit Office rentals and reservations are subject to our Changes and Cancellations Policy.
- For any questions, contact the Permit Office at 651-266-6400 Monday through Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more information on our COVID-19 response, visit stpaul.gov/parks-covid19.
Additional 2020 Guidelines and Information
- Emergency Executive Order 2020-01 limits gatherings in the City of Saint Paul to 50 or less through July 13. We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and will make decisions for July 14 and beyond in accordance with current state orders and public health guidelines at that time.
- For all picnic pavilion rentals, facility kitchens and restrooms will not be available. A porta-potty will be onsite.
- For all picnic shelter rentals, facility restrooms will not be available. A porta-potty will be onsite.
- No drinking fountains will be turned on this season, so please plan to bring your own water for drinking.
- Tables and high-frequency touch points will be sanitized between groups to the best of our ability with current staffing capacities, at least once/day.
- Additionally, we expect that all current public health restrictions and guidelines in the ‘Stay Safe MN’ plan related to capacities and safety are strictly adhered to, including the following health guidelines:
- Maintain at least six feet of distance from other attendees who are not part of the same household.
- Masks are required to be worn in all Saint Paul parks and outdoor public spaces when 6ft social distancing cannot be maintained.
- Anyone who is exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19, such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath should not attend.
- Anyone who is at a higher risk of illness should consider not attending.
- Follow all CDC and State of MN outdoor park and recreation guidelines.
- Regular park rules and regulations apply.
- For changes and updates to our response, visit stpaul.gov/parks-covid19.
Browse our most popular reservable locations below. If you are interested in reserving a site not listed, please contact the Permit Office at 651-266-6400 or email@example.com.
- Shelters, Pavilions & Buildings
- Downtown & Small Parks
- Walk/Run Sites
- Popular Wedding Sites
- Athletic Fields & Sports Facilities
- Recreation Center Rentals
- Harriet Island/Raspberry Island/Upper Landing
- Como Lakeside Pavilion
- Como Zoo Picnic Pavilion
- Marjorie McNeely Conservatory
- City House
- Pig's Eye Archery Range
- Como Woodland Outdoor Classroom
Planning Large Events & Festivals
From iconic Como Regional Park to stunning Harriet Island, Saint Paul is packed with great outdoor spaces to host festivals, concerts, races and more! See the Large Event & Festival Planning page for more information.
Boulevard Tree Permits
- All maintenance work being performed on public boulevard trees requires a free permit issued by Saint Paul Forestry.
- For more information, call Forestry at 651-266-6400, or visit the boulevard tree permit webpage.
Requests for fossil hunting permits are not being accepted at this time. No fossil hunting is allowed as fossil grounds are currently closed.
Photo and Film Permits
Visit the Photo and Film Permit page for more information.