Permits & Rentals
Park & Facility Reservations
2018 Permit Season General Information
- Reservations need to be made a minimum of seven business days in advance.
- Permits are issued and allowed for summer holidays.
- Reserved parking spaces are not permitted in our parks; all parking is general and on a first come, first served basis.
- All insurance certificates must be submitted to Saint Paul Parks and Recreation no later than 15 business days prior to the event. Failure to do so will result in event being canceled. Insurance is required for all inflatables and no dunk tanks are allowed in parks. See Saint Paul Event Insurance Requirements for more information.
- Organizations claiming tax exempt status must submit a completed MN Certificate of Exemption (ST3) form prior to making a reservation. This tax exempt number must be issued by the State of MN and not by the IRS Department of Treasury.
- The Parks and Recreation Department retains the right to shutdown any rental for any violation of the Park Permit Rules & Regulations, city ordinances, or laws that are violated, without refund of the rental fee.
- Permit Office rentals and reservations are subject to our Changes and Cancellations Policy.
- For any questions, contact the Permit Office at 651-266-6400 Monday through Friday, 7:30am-4:30pm, or email@example.com.
Browse our most popular reservable locations below. If you are interested in reserving a site not listed, please contact the Permit Office at 651-266-6400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Shelters, Pavilions & Buildings
- Downtown & Small Parks
- Walk/Run Sites
- Popular Wedding Sites
- Athletic Fields & Sports Facilities
- Recreation Center Rentals
- Harriet Island/Raspberry Island/Upper Landing
- Como Lakeside Pavilion
- Como Zoo Picnic Pavilion
- Marjorie McNeely Conservatory
- City House
- Pig's Eye Archery Range
- Como Woodland Outdoor Classroom
Planning Large Events & Festivals
From iconic Como Regional Park to stunning Harriet Island, Saint Paul is packed with great outdoor spaces to host festivals, concerts, races and more! See the Large Event & Festival Planning page for more information.
Boulevard Tree Permits
- All maintenance work being performed on public boulevard trees requires a free permit issued by Saint Paul Forestry.
- For more information, call Forestry at 651-266-6400, or visit the boulevard tree permit webpage.
Requests for fossil hunting permits are not being accepted at this time. No fossil hunting is allowed as fossil grounds are currently closed.
Photo and Film Permits
Visit the Photo and Film Permit page for more information.