Every five years, the City of Saint Paul prepares a Consolidated Plan, a five-year document submitted to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) that serves as the planning guide for entitlements, such as the City, funded under HUD's Community Planning and Development (CPD) formula grant programs. The Consolidated Plan addresses the City’s housing and community development needs, and identifies five-year priorities for how to use the Federal funds received through the CPD grant programs. The current 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan was adopted by the City and approved by HUD in 2020. Funding received through CPD formula block grant programs are: Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), HOME Investment Partnerships (HOME) Program, and Emergency Solutions Grants (ESG) Program.
The five-year Consolidated Plan is carried out through Annual Action Plans, which provide a concise summary of the actions, activities, and the resources that will be used each year to address the priority needs and goals identified by the Consolidated Plan. The City reports on accomplishments and progress toward Consolidated Plan goals on an annual basis in the Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER).
2020 - 2024 Updates
The 2020-2024 Consolidated Plan outlines federal funding priorities for housing, economic development, infrastructure, and public service needs. The 2020-2021 Annual Action Plan summarizes the actions, activities, and resources used to address these priority needs. Both plans are required by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Public Notice: Finding of No Significant Impact and Intent to Request Release of Funds (Posted April 28, 2020)
- Public Notice: Citizen Participation Plan and Process Amendment (Posted May 13, 2020)
- Public Notice: Consolidated Plan Substantial Amendment (Updated May 18, 2020)
- Public Notice: Consolidated Plan Substantial Amendment (Posted June 22, 2020)
- 2020 Citizen Participation Plan Amendments and Public Notice
- 2020 Annual Action Plan and Substantial Amendments
- 2020 Emergency Solutions Grant Coronavirus Recipients
- 2020 Emergency Solutions Grant Recipients
- 2019 Action Plan
- 2019 Action Plan Substantial Amendments
- 2019 Citizen Participation Plan Amendments and Public Notice