Engine House 24 History
Built in 1918 at the corner of E. Seventh and Flandrau, this was a single-bay, two-story brick house. The building still stands and is now a police precinct. In 1970, a new Station 24 was built at 273 White Bear Ave. to serve the expanding Battle Creek area. This is a double, single story brick building. Station 24 houses Ladder 4, which was resurrected and placed in service with Engine 1's crew in 1974. That same year Ambulance 24 was put into service.