Engine House 5 History
Originally, this was a single-bay, two-story brick house built in 1882 at Selby and Mackubin. It housed Engine 5, but an addition was made to the building in 1886 and Ladder 3 moved in with Engine 5. In 1906, a pompier tower was erected on the building.
In 1930, the present engine house at Ashland and Victoria was built and occupied. Old Station 5 at Selby and Mackubin was sold for $4500 in 1930.
Due to manpower shortage during World War II, Ladder 3 was placed out of service.
Current Station 5 Deployment: Engine 5 and Medic 5