The Highland water tower is a Highland neighborhood landmark located at the intersection of Snelling Avenue and Ford Parkway.
The tower was designed by Clarence Wigington and completed in 1928. Wigington, a city of Saint Paul architect from 1915-1949, also designed many other important structures in the area including the Saint Paul Public Safety Building (1929–30) and Como Park Pavilion (1934).
The construction of the Highland water tower includes facings of Kasota and Bedford stone and a riveted steel-plate tank with a capacity of 200,000 gallons. The 127-foot tower is no longer in service.
The tower is typically open to the public twice a year.
Due to Covid 19, the July and October open houses in 2020 have been canceled.
We anticipate being able to welcome visitors back in 2021.
Miss an open house? Take a video tour of some of the sights:
For more information, please contact Saint Paul Regional Water Services at 651-266-6350.