Please read and follow all directions to ensure processing and permit submissions are complete. Incomplete applications will not be processed. Click on each link below in sequential order:
- Per City Ordinance, all recurring events are required to submit their application ninety (90) days in advance of the event. NEW events must submit no less than sixty (60) days prior. If your event is happening within that 60 day window, please call first to determine whether the application can be processed. 651.266.5479
- Special Events Guidebook (this list shows all requirements for the permit). Failure to comply with the instructions, follow up with other city departments in a timely manner, or applying late may result in denial of permit.
- Map - a map of the event area (to include road closures, parking lots, barricades, zones of the event, etc...) must be submitted with the application. A Google map, printed with highlighted routes/road closures, is acceptable (Please do NOT draw a map by hand).
- Road Closure
- Event Management Form - for events of 500 or more and ALL athletic related events. This form may be emailed as long as it is at least 30 days prior to the event.
- Please feel free to email with any questions.
2023 Event Applications:
Athletic Events, General Block Club, Community Festival, Parade, Marches and Processions
The Event Agreement and Certification document below must be electronically signed and submitted with your application. There is a space to add the PDF in the application process. If it is not received at the time, it will be requested that you complete it prior to your permit being approved.
Public assembly/Free Speech Events:
Free speech event application.