Saint Paul's National Night Out is on Tuesday, August 2nd, 2022
Hosting a National Night Out Event is as easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Determine if you want your event to block off your street. If you choose to block the street then print the petition and visit your neighbors to get the signatures that you need.
- Create a map in google or draw showing the street you want blocked off.
- Complete the registration/application (link). Everyone should complete the registration regardless of street blocking so you can request police, fire and let us know about the event. For those blocking streets you will be asked to upload your petition and map as part of the process.
Ideas for Events
Are you looking for some ideas to do at your event? Here some great ideas from past parities. National Night Out is about building your community, getting to know your neighbors, and meeting your police officers. The events can be large or small; simple or more elaborate. It depends on the time you have organize, the help you have, and the resources around you.
Low Key Suggestions: Great for last minute parties, new parties, or ones that just want to relax.
Ice cream social
Hot Dogs and Lemonade
Block your street or just keep it to the boulevard
Moderately Organized: For those who have hosted before but don’t want to take on too much.
Block Party with a theme
Thank you cards for officers (drop off at your local district office after events)
Block clean-up –city will provided materials thru Come Clean Program https://www.stpaul.gov/departments/public-works/recycling-and-waste-reduction/all-programs/come-clean-programs
Block off your street
Ideas for the Seasoned Vets
Lots of kids activities
Host a movie or band
Get restaurants to sponsor food or door prizes
Contests-ie: sidewalk art, bike decoration, talent show, etc.
No matter what kind of event you are having; we want you to have fun, be creative, and most importantly share the experience with us by sending us photos.
About National Night Out
We encourage, ask for and appreciate ALL SAINT PAUL residents to participate on Tuesday, August 3, 2021 for the 38th Annual National Night Out! Neighborhoods include everyone: homeowners, renters, retail and all businesses are needed to help make our city "the most livable place in America!" Hosting a block party or an event of any kind, large or small, provides a way for people to meet one another and discover how they can keep their neighborhoods crime free and high quality for all who live, work and play there. National Night Out has proven, time and time again, to help people work together to improve the safety of their surroundings.
- March thru July 2022: Registration
- June: Early Bird Registration Contest Closes
- July: Registration Closes
- August: Events held
- March 15th: Registration Kick-Off
- June 17th: Early Bird Contest Ends
- July 15th: Registration for events with street closures ends
- July 27th: Registration for Events without street closure ends
- August 2nd: Events held.