Ideas for Events
Are you looking for some ideas to do at your event? Here some great ideas from past parities. National Night Out is about building your community, getting to know your neighbors, and meeting your police officers. The events can be large or small; simple or more elaborate. It depends on the time you have organize, the help you have, and the resources around you.
Great for last minute parties, new parties, or ones that just want to relax.
- Ice cream social
- Hot Dogs and Lemonade
- Block Potluck
- Block your street or just keep it to the boulevard
For those who have hosted before but don’t want to take on too much.
- Block Party with a theme
- Pre-assigned potluck
- Kids games/activities
- Thank you cards for officers (drop off at your local district office after events)
- Block clean-up –city will provided materials thru Come Clean Program https://www.stpaul.gov/departments/public-works/recycling-and-waste-reduction/all-programs/come-clean-programs
- Block off your street
Ideas for the Seasoned Vets
- Lots of kids activities
- Host a movie or band
- Get restaurants to sponsor food or door prizes
- Contests-ie: sidewalk art, bike decoration, talent show, etc.
- Dancing lessons
- Progressive Dinner
No matter what kind of event you are having; we want you to have fun, be creative, and most importantly share the experience with us by sending us photos.