The Housing Plan, a chapter of the Saint Paul Comprehensive Plan (2008-2018), calls for the preparation of an annual Housing Action Plan. The last Housing Action Plan adopted by the City was in 2005; Housing Action Plans were not developed and adopted in 2006-2009 because the City was updating its broader policy framework and long-term housing goals in its Comprehensive Plan.
The purpose of this Housing Action Plan 2010-2013 is to:
- Report on the market context of City/HRA housing activities in 2010;
- Outline the implementation actions to be undertaken, including specific targets to be met over the course of the 2010-2013 time period in furtherance of the broader strategies and policies outlined in the Housing Plan and the Livable Communities Act;
- Foster coordination between the Housing and ISP/NSP Teams of the City’s Department of Planning and Economic Development (PED), and between PED, the City’s Department of Safety and Inspections (DSI), and other housing organization partners.
A three-year planning period is used for housing activities to be implemented (2010-2013). The principal reason for this is that February 2013 is the deadline for having Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP2) funds committed. The Housing Action Plan was developed by the Housing Steering Committee during June-October 2010, and adopted by the City Council on November 24, 2010.
- Project Profiles
- City/HRA property inventory, 2010
- Multifamily housing projects, 2010-2013, version 2010
- Maps of 2009 Housing Investments (Building Permits), by City subsectors
- Maps of 2009 Housing Sales, by City subsectors
- City Council Resolution 10-935 acknowledging the City’s continued participation in the Livable Communities Act LHIA
- Summary of comments received from the community and revisions made to the public hearing draft of the plan
- City Council Resolution 10-1193 adopting this Housing Action Plan 2010-2013.
The Housing Action Plan was reviewed by the City Council at a public hearing on November 17, 2010. After making minor revisions to the plan, it was adopted by the City Council on November 24, 2010. The Housing Action Plan was submitted to the Metropolitan Council in early December 2010. In March 2011, the Metropolitan Council deemed the Housing Action Plan complete for purposes of continued participation in the Metropolitan Council’s Livable Communities Act programs.
Questions on the Housing Action Plan 2010-2013 may be directed to Scott Tempel, 651-266-6621.