Why Do Business in Saint Paul?
With a flourishing and supportive business community, a talented workforce of all ages and skillsets, and an array of vibrant community spaces, Saint Paul, Minnesota, is ready to help your business thrive.
Strong, diverse economy
- There are 17 Fortune 500 companies in Minnesota, concentrated in the Minneapolis-Saint Paul Metro Area, including Best Buy, 3M, General Mills and Ecolab.
- Saint Paul boasts well-respected companies from diverse industries, including medical, financial, retail, agriculture, packaged goods, energy, technology, and precision manufacturing.
- Downtown Saint Paul has seen a 3.3% growth in private sector jobs from 2013-2015.
- Top employment sectors in Saint Paul:
- Health care and social assistance
- Public administration
- Educational services
- Finance and insurance
- Accommodation and food service
- Saint Paul is the second largest city in a metropolitan area of more than 3 million people. The city is growing, recently surpassing 300,000 residents.
- With 58,000 students studying at 11 colleges, Saint Paul is home to the next generation of young professionals.
- 38.6% of the population is age 25+ with a bachelor’s degree or higher. The city’s median age is 31.
- More than 100 different languages are spoken in Saint Paul. The top four spoken languages include:
- Renowned arts and culture activities
- 52,000 theater seats
- Three world-class museums
- Countless historic sites
- Vibrant live music scene
- 7 million+ visitors each year
- Outstanding recreation and infrastructure
- Home to the Mississippi National River & Recreation Area
- A highly ranked park system, named the #1 Park System in America in 2015
- Continued investment in bicycle infrastructure, including commuter bikeway connecting downtown with the rest of the metro in every direction
- Saint Paul has free-flowing accessibility. It is easy for people to get around downtown on foot, by bicycle, on public transit, or in a vehicle, and the city boasts a multimodal freight hub for shipments.
- Connected transportation system
- Interstates 94 and 35 intersect
- 11-mile Green Line light rail connecting the two downtowns and the University of Minnesota
- MSP international airport ranked among the top airports in North America, with direct flights to Tokyo, Amersterdam and London
- Regional airport serving corporate jets located less than 3 miles from downtown