Our department promotes the social, physical and economic well-being of residents, property owners, and business owners of Saint Paul by working on citywide, neighborhood, and major site plans, zoning and providing local data and mapping resources.
Our planners advise the Mayor and the City Council, and serve as staff to the Planning Commission and its sub-committees. We encourage a high degree of citizen participation and work with District Councils, community development corporations, business organizations, and ad hoc task forces. Explore this section to learn more about our current activities and committee work items and how they may affect the neighborhoods in which you live, play, and work.
General information about what property is zoned or what zoning requirements apply to a particular property may be directed to the Department of Safety & Inspections at 651-266-9008.
Planning Links and Resources
- Metropolitan Council
- Saint Paul Riverfront Corporation
- Transit for Livable Communities
- Alliance for Sustainability
- League of Minnesota Cities
- Design for Health, Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Center for Urban and Regional Affairs (CURA)
- Saint Paul Foundation
- American Planning Association, Minnesota Chapter
- Smart Growth
- Urban Land Institute
- Congress for the New Urbanism