Is your business impacted by trade tariffs? Contact Business Development Director Danette Parr for assistance at email@example.com or (651) 266-6547.
Our economic future is built on the foundation of the city's strengths - a well-educated and creative workforce, sound infrastructure and local businesses rich with growth potential.
The Department of Planning and Economic Development (PED) has established an Economic Development Strategy to achieve these primary goals over the next three years to ensure a strong economic future.
- Increase the number of jobs in Saint Paul, and increase access to jobs and opportunity for residents
- Grow Saint Paul's tax base to maintain and expand City services, amenities and infrastructure
- Lower unemployment among the City's diverse populations with disproportionately high unemployment rates.
More information on the 2016-2018 Economic Development Strategy is available here.
PED staff facilitate business programs and services designed to help businesses develop and succeed in Saint Paul. We have a Business Resource Center that can provide assistance with business-related questions and can direct you to the many departments, partnerships and resources available to Saint Paul business owners and entrepreneurs.
When you call or email the Business Resource Center, our staff can assist you with:
- General consultation
- Funding application assistance
- Connecting you with city departments or other agencies
- Business planning
- Site selection
- Professional development opportunities
Business Resource Line: 651-266-6600
You may also contact the Business Resource Center via email.
A Place for Businesses to Grow
Considering the growing number of amenities for both residents and visitors, it's easy to see why many businesses are finding Saint Paul's vibrant downtown an ideal place to locate and grow.
Saint Paul wouldn't be what it is today without the collaboration with community partners and City departments working every day to achieve the City's goals outlined in the Economic Development Strategy.
Learn more about our partners:
- Greater MSP
- Ramsey County
- Saint Paul Area Chamber of Commerce
- Saint Paul Port Authority
- Saint Paul Riverfront Corporation