Cultural STAR Program
Round 1 deadline (closed): Friday, February 24, 2017 at 4 p.m.
Round 2 deadline: Friday, August 25, 2017 at 4 p.m.
Online applications will be live again on ZoomGrants™ as of July 26, 2017
- The Cultural STAR Program was created to promote economic growth in Saint Paul by strengthening the arts and cultural sector and by supporting Downtown as a vital cultural center.
- The Saint Paul City Council has designated ten percent of the total tax revenue from this program to grants and loans for cultural projects.
- At least eighty percent of Cultural STAR funds will be invested in projects located within the targeted area known as the Cultural District.
- The remaining funds may be allocated toward projects outside the Cultural District within the legal limits of the City of Saint Paul.
- The Cultural District is defined as the geographic area bordered by Interstate 94 to the North, the Lafayette Bridge to the East, the Mississippi river to the South, and Chestnut Road to the West.
There are four major goals of the Cultural STAR Program:
- Build and diversify audiences;
- Promote a broad range of cultural offerings;
- Produce a long-term impact; and
- Leverage additional financial support.
The program will achieve the purpose by making grants and loans for projects and programs that:
- Attract audiences;
- Develop and improve cultural facilities; and
- Build capacity of artists and cultural organizations.
- Capital Grant Program: This program offers grants for physical improvements to facilities or to purchase equipment and /or materials for a cultural project.
- Special Projects and/or Organizational Development Program: Special Project grants are made to groups wishing to offer quality arts activities, in any discipline, within the geographic boundaries of the City of Saint Paul. Organizational Development grants are to strengthen the operations of cultural organizations.
- Loan Program: This program offers low-interest loans for capital or organizational development projects. Applications for loans can be made at any time during the year.
- 2017 Cultural STAR Capital Project Guidelines
- 2017 Cultural STAR Special Projects and/or Organizational Development Guidelines
Applications must be submitted through ZoomGrants™ by 4 p.m. on the deadline date. Applications not received by this time will not be accepted.
- January 26: Applications go live via ZoomGrants™
- February 24: Application deadline
- March 27: Applicant Interviews:
- May: Recommendations forwarded to the Mayor and City Council
- July 26: Applications go live via ZoomGrants™
- August 25: Application deadline
- October 5: Applicant Interviews
- November: Recommendations forwarded to the Mayor and City Council
Past Cultural STAR Grant Winners
- 2016 Cultural STAR Round 1 Recipients.pdf
- 2016 Round 2 Cultural STAR Recipients.pdf
- 2015 Round 1 Cultural Star Grant Awards
- 2015 Round 2 Cultural Star Grant Awards
Signage and Publicity for your Funded Project
For projects that are supported by the Cultural STAR Program, be sure to credit the program in any advertising or publicity of the project, including websites, newsletters, signage and programs.
|Download a JPEG of the color logo||Download a JPEG of the black and white logo|