Fire Ring Locations
Fire rings for bonfires do not require reservations and are only available on a first-come, first-served basis at the following parks: Como Regional Park, Hidden Falls Regional Park, Highland Park, Newell Park, and Phalen Regional Park (on the island). A fire ring is also available for the shelter at Crosby Farm Regional Park and can be reserved during the picnic season with payment of the applicable permit fee. Applications for permits must be made at least seven business days in advance of an event.
No permit is required from from Saint Paul Parks and Recreation or the Saint Paul Fire Department for a bonfire on park property as long as the following requirements are met:
- All recreational bonfires shall be in designated fire rings only.
- Fuel area can be no larger than 3 feet in diameter and 2 feet in height.
- Only cut fire wood is permitted. All other materials are prohibited, including rubbish, paper products, construction materials, pallets, and processed wood.
- Any condition which could cause a fire to spread to within 25 feet of a structure shall be eliminated prior to ignition.
- A means shall be provided to extinguish the fire. This can include buckets, shovels, garden hoses (if a water source is available), or a minimum 4-A fire extinguisher.
- Fires shall constantly be attended to by a person knowledgeable in the use of the fire-extinguishing equipment provided.
- Fires shall not be ignited if the wind speed is 10 miles per hour or more.
- Wood to be burned shall not be brought to the site prior to an event.
- All unused wood must be removed from the park.