Closures & Special Notices
Parks & Recreation Closures & Special Notices
- The Scheffer Recreation Center building is closed for construction during summer 2019. Activities will be relocated to nearby parks and rec centers. The new Frogtown Community Center building expected to open in fall 2019.
- The gates at Hidden Falls Regional Park are closed during winter due to the steep entrance roads becoming hazardous in snowy and icy conditions.
- Deer management activities planned for southeast Ramsey County, Saint Paul, Maplewood and Ramsey County are partnering on deer management south of I-94 this winter, pursuant to the 2018 Ramsey County Deer Management Program. In this area, the current deer population exceeds the amount of sustainable deer habitat, which may result in an unhealthy, stressed herd. Overpopulation of deer also result in damage to ornamental and garden plants, high rates of deer/vehicle collisions, and damage or excessive browsing to native trees, shrubs and plants. During the winter of 2018/2019 deer management activities will be accomplished in partnership with the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Wildlife Services division. All deer removed in this program will be donated to underserved residents of Ramsey County in coordination with the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources.
- The Gateway State Trail is currently closed from L'Orient Street at Maryland Avenue south to Cayuga Street. Please use the detour along Maryland Avenue to the Trout Brook Trail.
- For information on boulevard ash tree removal, visit the Structured Removal webpage.
- For High Bridge Dog Park and Sam Morgan Regional Trail closures and detours, visit the MnDot Hwy 149 High Bridge project website.
- The Fish Hatchery Trail is closed from Battle Creek Regional Park to Warner Rd. Please use this recommended detour until further notice.
- For recreation center holiday closures and special hours, see the Holiday, Seasonal & Special Hours page.
For more information on park, facility, road, and trail closures related to park construction projects, visit the Current Projects webpage.