Adult Summer Softball
Municipal Athletics offers slow pitch softball leagues for men, women and co-rec teams, as well as fast pitch softball leagues for men. League games take place on weekday evenings. Team registration begins in February. Twelve-week seasons begin in April, while six week seasons begin being in June.
We are now seeking umpires. Please call 651-558-2255 or email email@example.com for more information.
2017 Adult Softball Registration
- Priority registration will need to be done in person or over the phone. Online registration will begin once registration is open to everyone on February 19
- Priority registration opens Monday, February 13, 2017 at 8:00 AM. Returning teams will have until Friday, February 17, 2017 to hold their league spot from 2017.
- New team registration opens Monday, February 20, 2017 at 8:00 AM.
- Registration closes March 20, 2017 at 4:30 PM or when leagues fill, whichever comes first.
- Late registrations will be accepted if space is available after March 20, 2017. There will be an additional late fee of $50.00.
- Payment is due at the time of registration.
- Teams with one or more players that do not live or work in Ramsey County are considered non-resident teams. Non resident teams must pay an additional fee of $50.00.
See the registration bulletin below for more information.
USSSA Bat Information
All teams must have the newly approved USSSA bat with the official logo affixed. *USSSA marks and other graphics of the bat must be applied permanently and must be applied by the USSSA licensed manufacturer. No stickers or decals are allowed and no one may add graphics to a bat once manufactured. Use of a bat with graphics not applied by the manufacturer will be use of an altered bat and subject to suspension under the USSSA Altered Bat rules. In addition to being violation of the USSSA Altered Bat rules, any use, creation or application of a USSSA mark without written permission of USSSA is a violation of Federal Trademark law and may result in prosecution by USSSA. If you have any concern about the person selling or providing you a bat, do not accept the bat, because you will be held responsible for any bat you bring into or use in a USSSA facility.
Illegal Bats: All legal bats must have the USSSA 1.20 BPF stamp on its tapered end. Illegal bat use will be considered a team violation. If a bat is found to be illegal it, will be removed from play and will result in the batter being declared out. If the batter reaches base after using an illegal bat and is properly appealed by the defensive team, the batter/runner will be declared out and all runners must return to the bases occupied at time of the pitch. Once the offending team is informed that the bat used is illegal, it may not be used again.
Approved ruling for a team’s second offense: Batter will be declared out and offending player will be suspended for three games. In addition, offending team will immediately forfeit the game.
Approved ruling for a team’s third offense: Batter will be declared out and the offending team will immediately forfeit the game. In addition, the player will be suspended indefinitely. Offending player and team manager must appear after the season has ended before the Municipal Athletics Conduct and Eligibility Committee for possible reinstatement.
Dented bats, which are also illegal, will be removed from the game (no out, forfeit, or suspension).