Halloween will look a bit different this year but Saint Paul Parks and Recreation and our partners are finding alternative, fun, and safe ways to celebrate the fall season! Events are free unless otherwise noted. Some events require registration in advance. Click on the link for each event for more details. All events will adhere to the CDC and MN Department of Health guidance on COVID-19.
In-person Fall events
- October 2; 5:30-9:30pm: Movies in the Park: Love, Simon (an LGBTQ+ event) at Como Park Picnic Pavilion *registration required
- October 3; 5:30-9:30pm: Movies in the Park: Beetlejuice at Highland Park Pavilion ($10) *registration required
- October 10; 5:30-9:30pm: Movies in the Park: Poltergeist at Battle Creek ($10) *registration required
- October 11; 3-4pm: Live Outdoor Music with Mixed Precipitation at the intersection of Summit Ave. and Syndicate St.
- October 17; 5-9pm: Movies in the Park: The Birds at Mears Park ($10) *registration required
- *CANCELLED*: October 22; 5:30-8pm: Movies in the Park: Monsters, Inc at Arlington Hills Community Center *registration required
- October 23-25; 10am-8pm: Harvest by the Lake Festival at Dock & Paddle, located inside the Como Lakeside Pavilion ($5/adults; $3.50/kids under 12)
- October 24; 10am-2pm: Halloween in Highland (Highland District Council)
- October 24; 1-5pm: Murder at the 19th Hole at Highland Park Disc Golf Course ($35/team) *registration required
- *CANCELLED*: October 24; 5-9pm: Movies in the Park: The Blair Witch Project at Hidden Falls Regional Park ($10) *registration required
- October 25; 2-4pm: Trunk or Treat Drive Thru (Martin Luther King, in partnership with Hallie Q. Brown Community Center)
- October 27; 6-7:30pm: Trunk or Treat Drive Thru (Hazel Park)
- October 28; 6-7:30pm: Trunk or Treat Drive Thru (Palace)
- October 29; 2-4:30pm: Trunk or Treat Drive Thru (El Rio Vista, in conjunction with their Free Meals Program)
- October 29; 6-7:30pm: Trunk or Treat Drive Thru (Frogtown)
- October 30; 4:30-6:30pm: Candy Caper Car Parade (Edgcumbe)
- October 30; 6-7:30pm: Trunk or Treat Drive Thru (Jimmy Lee/Oxford)
- October 30; 6:30-8pm: East Area Halloween Drive Thru (Battle Creek)
- October 31; 1-4pm: Sun Ray Spooktacular at Sun Ray Shopping Center *registration required
- October 31; 8:30am: Monster Dash 5k, 10k, Half Marathon (various locations) (Price varies) *registration required
- October 31; 1-5pm: Fall Festival Trick or Trunk (West Minnehaha)
- October 31; 6:45-9pm: Movies in the Park: The Nightmare Before Christmas @ Urban Growler Brewing Co. ($12) *registration required*
Virtual Fall events
- Varies: Barebones Halloween Show
- At home: We asked writers to submit original stories and poems for our Haunted Story Competition. Watch our featured Haunted Stories then try writing your own spooky tale! Challenge yourself to include a Saint Paul landmark, location, or building!
- At home: Pumpkin carving! Saint Paul Forester, Scott, is a jack-of-all-trades--especially with jack-o-lanterns! He is a skilled pumpkin carver and creates spooky works of art. Watch to learn how he creates these one-of-a-kind pieces. Grab the family and some pumpkins and give it a try yourself!
For a listing of all our currently offered programs and activities, visit our Rec Reimagined webpage.