2021 Spring Sports Registration
Registration for youth volleyball and futsal runs January 1-31. (We will not be offering floor hockey for Spring 2021.) Register online or over the phone by calling any recreation center. Please note, rec centers will be closed on January 1 for New Years Day, but online registration is available.
- Jan. 1 = 25% off
- Jan. 2 = 20% off
- Jan. 3-5 = 10% off
New for Spring 2021: In-house sports registrations for age groups 8U and younger will be registered by service area. A list of the recreation centers in each service area is listed below. Municipal sports for age groups 10U and older are still registered by individual recreation center. You may register for any service area or recreation center activity regardless of your home address.
Northwest service area: Frogtown, Hancock, Langford Park, McDonough, Northwest Como, North Dale, Rice, West Minnehaha
Northeast service area: Arlington Hills, Battle Creek, Dayton's Bluff, Duluth & Case, Hazel Park, Hayden Heights, Highwood Hills, Phalen, Wilder
South service area: Edgcumbe, El Rio Vista, Groveland, Highland Park, Jimmy Lee/Oxford, Linwood, Martin Luther King, Merriam Park, Palace
Futsal (Indoor Soccer)
Participants may register on the sports team which aligns with their gender identity. Participants who do not identify as male or female may register on the sports team of their choice.
Programs offered may require modifications based on future guidance from the MSHSL and Minnesota Department of Health. Possible modifications may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Spectators may be limited to one parent/guardian per player or barred all together.
- Program sites may be asked to combine, and/or take place at a different time and location.
- Masks may be mandatory for all coaches, participants, and spectators.
Communication regarding changes will be communicated in advance of the program start date.
- Registrations are taken over the phone by calling any of the recreation centers, or by going online.
- Participants must provide a copy of a birth certificate or proof-of-age document at the time of registration.
- All participants who are not residents of Saint Paul will be required to pay the non-resident fee.
- All participants must comply with all other requirements such as age guidelines.
- Participants may register on the sports team which aligns with their gender identity. Participants who do not identify as male or female may register on the sports team of their choice.
- Fee is due at the time of registration.
- Late registrations may be charged a late fee.
- Registering for a sport at a center does not guarantee a child will play at that center. When a center does not have enough players to make a team, every effort is made to place players at the closest center with a team. Also, due to limited field space and/or gym space there are times when teams must travel to another site to practice.
- Call your local recreation center for more information.
- Players may not play on more than one team within the same age group in SPPR leagues.
- Players may play on more than one SPPR league team if they are in a different age group, and if the person is eligible by age in both. He or she must also meet the following criteria:
- Players may play up one division if there are not enough players in the older division to field a team in that division and those players would not have the opportunity to play without the younger players moving up.
- Permission must be granted to a Saint Paul Parks and Recreation Staff and the Parent of the player.
- A player, in the opinion of the Saint Paul Parks and Recreation Staff, Coaches, and Parent/s, has the skills and physical ability to compete in the older division and will not displace a player that is in the appropriate division.
- If a player plays in more than one age group, they can only play in one age group during the playoff tournament.
Youth have an opportunity to play with a friend, if requested. Each participant may request one friend as a “buddy”. The buddy requested must also request you in order for the buddy request to be considered a match. All other requests (e.g. multiple buddies, buddy chains) will not be granted. Siblings are always buddied unless a specific request not to do so is made. Learn more about the Buddy Request Policy.
The early bird gets the discount! Register online during one of the first five days registration is open and you automatically receive a discount. The earlier you register, the bigger the discount. So act fast - these discounts are only good for the first five days of each registration period.
Day 1 = 25% off
Day 2 = 20% off
Days 3 - 5 = 10% off
Example: Register for Basketball on September 1 and get 25% off the program fee. Register for Basketball on September 3 and get 10% off.
Players participating in the Saint Paul Parks and Recreation's youth sports programs may be eligible to play on more than one team in a particular sport if the following guidelines are met: